• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I'm confident that Gildon will sign

Heard John Clayton mention over the weekend that it's now down to Cincy and Buffalo for Gildon, with Green Bay in a distant 3rd. I am very confident that he'll choose us over Cincy. Look, we have guys like Fletcher, Spikes, Adams and Vincent, there is no way Gildon will want to go anywhere else.
  • buffmaniac
    • May 2003

Sounds quite similar to the Vincent situation. If it is just between us and Cincy, there is a good chance we may get him if the money is similar

Comment

• BigZ
      • Sep 2003

Still not sure we need him.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Originally posted by zielinski

If it is going to make the team better why wouldn't you need him. It doesn't seem like the price tag is going to be very high.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by zielinski
          Have you seen our pass rush last season?

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

On WGR yesterday, Peter King said he thinks Gildon will end up in Oakland where he will get more playing time and probably more money than either Cincy or Buffalo will offer.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
              On WGR yesterday, Peter King said he thinks Gildon will end up in Oakland where he will get more playing time and probably more money than either Cincy or Buffalo will offer.
              Oakland isn't even in contention. Don't think Gildon even went to Oakland for a visit. King knows nothing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I'd like Gildon's veteran presence and situational pass rushing ability.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

I would love to see Gildon as a Buffalo Bill!!!
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• cablesabres68
                    • Nov 2003

gildon also said he would play as a Defensive end if the bills or bengles needed him there over him playing at linebacker
                    this is also a good possibility if he comes to buffalo

Comment

• BigZ
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                      If it is going to make the team better why wouldn't you need him. It doesn't seem like the price tag is going to be very high.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      Have you seen our pass rush last season?

Originally posted by cablesabres68
                      gildon also said he would play as a Defensive end if the bills or bengles needed him there over him playing at linebacker
                      this is also a good possibility if he comes to buffalo

If he can play DE that would be a plus. Yes he would probably make the team better but if he doesn't get the playing time and starts griping it could disrupt the defense's chemistry.

Right now, we're pretty solid at LB. If he or Posey turn into the designated pass rushing end and are happy with that then it's a good deal.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                        • Apr 2003

wow...if we signed gildon we might have a raiders like defense with "seasoned veterans" such as milloy, adams, gildon and vincent all have serious roles
                        the dude abides

Comment

• Charlieguide
                          Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                          • Feb 2004

Let's think about this for a minute . . . Gildon must see lots of pros and cons to both teams. Neither the Bills nor the Bungles have a clear edge over the other in terms of expectations for the upcoming season. The big question in Buffalo is, what role does he play? Does he share time with/compete with Posey? Most people think that's the scenario, though I do like the idea of using him as a down lineman.

That leads us to the 3-4 defense. Given our underacheiving DL, this might make sense. Big Pat and Sam Adams would tie up 3-4 OL, leaving Schoebel singled up. At LB, you'd see Fletcher and Spikes inside, with Posey on the TE and Gildon rushing.

If we get Gildon, I expect we'll see more of a 3-4 look, unless someone on the DL proves they need to be on the field opposite Schobel.
                          The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• B-DON
                            hi
                            • Mar 2004

im not a big fan of the 3-4 but with gildon i would like to see more of it to utilize all of our pass rushing skills. god knows we can use all the help with the pass rush

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Given our rather passive interest in Gildon, I really think that we are not planning to make him a key component in a revamped 3-4 defense.

As many have said, though, he would be a nice situational player.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X