PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion??

elltrain22
07-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Do you think we have taken a step forward, or a step backward defensively??

Personally, I like the way our dee stacks up for next year. It would really be great to sign Gildon, and give our pass rush a much needed boost. I also feel that we have improved our secondary by signing Vincent, and getting rid of greedy Winfield.

Jan Reimers
07-07-2004, 04:06 PM
I think we'll be O.K. if some of the young guys - Kelsay/Denney, Wire, McGee/Thomas, Crowell - step up, either as starters or key reserves. I too would like to add Gildon.

If we don't get some big time productivity from the 2nd and 3rd year guys, we're pretty much status quo, but a year older. It could be that some of our competition has improved more.

tampabay25690
07-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I think we have improved!!!!!!!!

The addition of Vincent was key, even know I would have loved to see Winfield stay, I think he is the best hitting Corner in the league, but getting Vincent was huge....

The defense got a year more experience especially for Kelsay and Denney, and if we can get Gildon that will just make us better...Probably the top in the AFC!!!!

BillsNick
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
We will be better with Vincent, IMHO, because of his INT skills.

HenryRules
07-07-2004, 06:24 PM
I think personnel-wise we're about the same as last year (Winfield and Vincent are a wash in my opinion).

However, the loss of LeBeau and Williams is a step backward I think - I don't think our defensive coaching will be as good without them.

ionlyusesmilies
07-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Do you think we have taken a step forward, or a step backward defensively??

:D

OpIv37
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
I think we pretty much broke even- what has to happen is that the veterans need to step up and make the big plays. If guys like Vincent and Spikes can create some turnovers, and our offense is even mediocre (they don't have to be good, just good enough), then we could be in for a big season.

TigerJ
07-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Vincent for Winfield changes the chemistry of the defence. As others have suggested, it could help produce some interceptions. It probably hurts some in run support. The big change is down the road as Buffalo will have to look for Vincent's replacement almost immediately if McGee isn't up to it. Winfield would have been a fixture for years had he not gotten greedy.

The other issue on defence is the line. Buffalo's only moves were at DT. While Buffalo needed to address DT at some point, for this season at least Adams and Williams are probably still going to be effective. They still could sign Gildon and play him as a down lineman in passing situations, but if he doesn't sign, then the only change is that Kelsay and Denney are another year older and another year more experienced. I don't know if that's enough.

Over all, I'd say that Buffalo probably took a step forward, but it was only a baby step. Only time will tell if it was big enough.

Philagape
07-07-2004, 10:38 PM
For this year, we haven't lost anyone without replacing him, so by default we should be better because the young players will have one more year of experience.

DraftBoy
07-08-2004, 01:06 AM
No step at all. Winfield for Vincent-we lose. Wire at FS-He cant be any worse. Gibson at depth DT-good signing.