PDA

View Full Version : Jeff George is Back.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2002, 05:11 PM
Inexplicably out of the league since being released by the Washington Redskins two games into the 2001 season, quarterback Jeff George is finally back in the NFL, with ESPN.com learning the 12-year veteran on Tuesday signed a contract with the Seattle Seahawks.

"Look, I just want to play," George told ESPN.com last week. "The money is irrelevant. It's just hard to sit in front of the television Sunday afternoons and be a spectator. Just once, I'd like someone to look me in the eye and tell me why they don't want to give me a shot."

I always liked Jeff for some reason. I hope he does well in Seattle.

casdhf
10-29-2002, 09:10 PM
He's always been a pain in the a$$ wherever he's been. I wonder what the connection between the two of you is? :scratch:

:D

Gunzlingr
10-30-2002, 10:30 AM
I liked him with the colts, but I think they ruined him. He took a beating year after year, who wouldn't get a bad attitude?

Ebenezer
10-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Bwhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaha!!!!!

Excuse me!! Sorry, I can't stop rolling on the floor...going into convulsions....Holmgren is desperate!!!

:rofl::lmao:

:lol:

:rofl::lmao:

Earthquake Enyart
10-30-2002, 10:42 AM
I've hated him ever since he was at Purdue. He got hurt one game and his mother came out on the field. Then he screwed Purdue and transferred to Illinois. The guy is a pansy. I remember one replay (I think in his last stop in Washington) where he dropped the snap and stood back, rather than jump down to try to get it.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2002, 12:37 PM
there's nothing like adding to a losing record.his record has to be right up there for alltime losing QB.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2002, 03:49 PM
He still has a great arm. The 1 year when he actually had some talent around him in Minnesota he did well.

Then he went for the money and went to Washington I believe.

When he played for the Colts the line and WR sucked. When he played for Washington the line and WR sucked.

colin
10-30-2002, 07:28 PM
The guy can play, the numbers don't lie. He is a mess, but he is an improvement in a BIG way for the Water Chickens. He can chuck the rock.

Cntrygal
10-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Early this week, Jeff George was reading a book to a classroom of first-graders in Indianapolis.

Two days later, he was back in uniform, taking snaps and zipping the football downfield in practice with the Seattle Seahawks.

"It's been a year since I even had pads and a helmet on. It feels good to smell football again," George said Wednesday.

He signed a one-year, veteran's minimum contract that will be prorated to $397,000 for the season's final nine games.

http://www.syracuse.com/sportsflash/football/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?s0335_BC_FBN--Seahawks-George&&sports&sportsflash-football

Gunzlingr
10-31-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
He still has a great arm. The 1 year when he actually had some talent around him in Minnesota he did well.

Then he went for the money and went to Washington I believe.

When he played for the Colts the line and WR sucked. When he played for Washington the line and WR sucked.

He got ***** on in MN. He wanted to stay after his contract was up, then those dumbasses in MN went after Dan Marino to try and get him to come north. Still George wanted to stay, then they said see ya, we'll start Culpepper.