PDA

View Full Version : Time To Face the Facts

mybills
10-29-2002, 06:07 PM
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20021029_29pats.233f3.html

"The presence of Bledsoe in the opposing backfield will incite emotion for these players Sunday. Not because they have ill feelings toward him, but because of the familiarity. They may like him. They certainly respect him. They will not want to lose to him.

This could be a rallying point, but it seems the last thing Belichick would do at this point is invoke Bledsoe as a means of motivating his team. That might not work anyway, given the strong ties many of his players have to their former teammate."

clumping platelets
10-29-2002, 06:20 PM
Why couldn't the same be said for the Bills players?

Bledsoe has brought back respectibility to this team, not solely, but he is the primary reason. Bills should be jacked for this game and give that little bit extra to protect him in the pocket because they believe 110% in him.......Patriot players may be waivering a bit on Brady.

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2002, 06:26 PM
If Bledsoe comes out and has a big pass play in the first series, the game is over. That will break the spirit of the Patriots. They will know they traded the wrong guy then :D

TacklingDummy
10-29-2002, 06:28 PM
This is all the motivation the Bills need, New England Patroits.

Everyone knows what this game means.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
If Bledsoe comes out and has a big pass play in the first series, the game is over. That will break the spirit of the Patriots. They will know they traded the wrong guy then :D

And that will set up the run for the whole game. NE will think that we want to beat them with Drew.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-29-2002, 06:54 PM
IMO this game is far from a regular game. This game is it for both clubs. Buffalo wins we know we can make the playoffs. Patriots lose there season will most likely be over. They have huge problems in Patriot land. To much chowdah? Yeah that could be it. They won last year, and didnt take this year to serious.While Buffalo has nothing to lose.

Marcos20
10-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Im really excited about this game .. i think that Drew will connect some pass as the beggining of the game and that will open the run for travis :up:

shelby
10-29-2002, 07:16 PM
i hope the run works.....if Travis has a big day all will be well:D

WG
10-30-2002, 01:18 AM
I agree w/ you Shelby.

The biggest matchup of the day though will be the Pats secondary v. Drew & Co. They are good, we are good. Who will prevail?

If we run Travis, I'm sure he'll run well. The other question is "are we going to beat ourselves by forcing the pass on 2/3 of all the plays?" We need some balance and there's no better game for someone to slap Gilbride upside the head and tell him that we need to start running some.

Any volunteers? :D

mybills
10-30-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by silent_one
To much chowdah? Yeah that could be it.

Hey, I like chowder as much as Buffalonians like wings. Can we not go there please? :chuckle:

shelby
10-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
We need some balance and there's no better game for someone to slap Gilbride upside the head and tell him that we need to start running some.

Any volunteers? :D

sure Wys.....can i borrow one of your crutches?
;)

Jman
10-30-2002, 07:56 PM
New England completely and totally jumped the gun praising Brady as an all pro QB. He was a rookie put into a 2nd string spot. Yea, he is good, but not starter good. The patriots won the superbowl, but I think they could have done it with any other decent QB, what it comes down to is Brady was just the guy getting the ball to the rest of NE's killer offense last year. Lucky bastard...

Luckier Buffalo! :biggrin:

Buffarama
10-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Jman, you look angry...though your post is accurate. Brady cannot throw the long ball. He thrives off the short pass. Make him throw long, he can't. This is year two I've been saying this. Brady cannot throw the long ball consistently accurately........