PDA

View Full Version : Compensation Pick?

casdhf
07-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Are we gonna get one? We lost Winfield, Gash, Sidney, Polk and Sammy Morris and got Vincent and Villerial. I think we'll get a 5th.

Ebenezer
07-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Depends on how they work out and what other moves were made around the league...Personally, that is a wash, imo.

clumping platelets
07-09-2004, 11:49 AM
We will get a pick and it could be a 4th because of the size of Winfield's deal

Ebenezer
07-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
We will get a pick and it could be a 4th because of the size of Winfield's deal

a 4th??? you been hanging out at Finheaven too long...a 5th at best...Gash, Sidney, Polk and Morris add up to a 6th at best...that leaves 2 signed for 1 lost...

clumping platelets
07-09-2004, 11:56 AM
That's not how the formula works

Ebenezer
07-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
That's not how the formula works

yeah, i know...and thanks to the Vikes we will probably get a pick...but I can't see it being a 4th...

tomdonahoe
07-09-2004, 11:59 AM
I think those days of receiving high compensation picks are over. I don't even think we will be compensated at all but if we are then I say a 6th or 7th. Remember, the Bills could have forked over the $ for Winfield and chose not to (which was a good move). We did replace him with another decent size contract.

In this line of thinking would the Eagles would be compensated for losing Taylor and Vincent? I doubt it.

Canadian'eh!
07-09-2004, 12:23 PM
"The secret formula, developed by the NFL Management Council, is based on salary, playing time and postseason honors"

quote from john clayton.,...

but the salary winfield got will almost guarentee we get a pick, however how high will likely depend on how well Winfield plays. If he makes the probowl (with Woodson, Bailey, Law, Surtain, McAlister etc in the afc and only Ronde Barber in hte NFC as an elite CB he has a great chance unles someone really steps it up) we could get a pretty descent pick at least the 5th)

our 2 signings wren't for nearly as much money as Winfield got and when you factor in all the others we lost i think you still come out on the plus sde by a wide margin.

so cheer for our ex players.,.. at least the ones who didn't got o miami.

tomdonahoe
07-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
"The secret formula, developed by the NFL Management Council, is based on salary, playing time and postseason honors"

quote from john clayton.,...

but the salary winfield got will almost guarentee we get a pick, however how high will likely depend on how well Winfield plays. If he makes the probowl (with Woodson, Bailey, Law, Surtain, McAlister etc in the afc and only Ronde Barber in hte NFC as an elite CB he has a great chance unles someone really steps it up) we could get a pretty descent pick at least the 5th)

our 2 signings wren't for nearly as much money as Winfield got and when you factor in all the others we lost i think you still come out on the plus sde by a wide margin.

so cheer for our ex players.,.. at least the ones who didn't got o miami.

In that case, start the campaign : Winfield for Defensive Player of the Year or maybe MVP!

I have to admit I'm going to miss watching the guy play. The guy was a tackling machine, in fact I can't recall him ever missing a tackle. I think our run defense is going to suffer a little bit without him there. He shut down any toss plays to his side. Best run support corner in the league by far. Oh and he could lay the lumber also. Big time. However, he didn't have nearly enough TO's to justify the contract he got.

Canadian'eh!
07-09-2004, 02:26 PM
i agree... great tackling CB who ccan shut down the run to his side and destroy and small hitch plays or screens to the WR. He can also hold good WR's to limited effectiveness... he's just not going to change the game in your favour with a TO. I would put him somewhere in the 8-12 range for NFL CB's.

TigerJ
07-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Maybe Winfield will get 7 or 8 interceptions too! No, I suppose not, but he'll tackle everything in sight.