X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Polling the Fan Base

If the Bills had expected to be competitive this season as stated by Tom Donahoe, then the best hire would have been a head coach with some experience.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

way to ruin a perfectly good friday

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

would somebody tell his editor that this is not a grammatically correct sentance:

It is less important the record of the team this season as it is to demonstrate both within the division as well as to the league as a whole, that the Bills are once again a team capable of beating any other team in the league and not simply routinely beating the dregs of the league.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        would somebody tell his editor that this is not a grammatically correct sentance:

you meant sentence
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
          [i]If the Bills had expected to be competitive this season as stated by Tom Donahoe, then the best hire would have been a head coach with some experience.
          Yeah, we should have hired a recycled loser like Dick Jauron, Jim the Fossil or Norv Turner, instead of a young, innovative mind like MM.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            you meant sentence
            no need tell my editor I can't spell...they know that already

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

It is less important the record of the team this season as it is to demonstrate both within the division as well as to the league as a whole, that the Bills are once again a team capable of beating any other team in the league and not simply routinely beating the dregs of the league.
              Think about who wrote the article. He's more stubborn and bull-headed than most anyone I've ever met.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Yeah, we should have hired a recycled loser like Dick Jauron, Jim the Fossil or Norv Turner, instead of a young, innovative mind like MM.
                I agree whole heartedly Jan, how do you know who the next Lombardi or Bellicheck are if you don't give them a chance? If the experienced HC's didn't get it done before than why hire them? I know that a coach can be limited by his players abilities but....

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

hurry up September

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    I agree whole heartedly Jan, how do you know who the next Lombardi or Bellicheck are if you don't give them a chance? If the experienced HC's didn't get it done before than why hire them? I know that a coach can be limited by his players abilities but....
                    Wasn't Belichick the head coach in New York before going to the Pats? That's a retread that didn't work out too bad.

I like the hiring of Mularkey - but you can't say that hiring someone who didn't do well elsewhere is a bad choice either.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Or a young, innovative mind like Gregg Williams?

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

If you noticed he went on to say:

My vote was for Charlie Weis with the reasoning that the Bills will not be contenders this season regardless. However, playoff circumstances prevented his realistic consideration and hiring in a timely manner.

Weis has never been a HC either!
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Charlieguide
                          Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                          • Feb 2004

Wow. That article was so poorly written that I had to stop reading it.

HenryRules, Belichick was HC for the Brownies in the mid-90's before returning to the shelter of Parcells. He was awful, then. He was NYJ HC for only a day or so, when they "appointed" him without discussing it first.

I like the hiring of Mularkey, but I'm concerned about Jerry Gray's ability to coach the D without GW or LeBeau looking over his shoulder.

As for corners, I expect TD figured he could hire Vincent for the next couple of years, and find one in the draft. We have an extraordinary track record of drafting at that position, going back to Burris/Irvin/Smith in the 90's. I will miss Winfield, but the market price has gotten too high for veteran corners.
                          The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

Working...
                          X