PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins LB Thomas has knee cartilage surgery

The Spaz
07-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas had surgery Friday to repair torn cartilage in his left knee.

Thomas will be re-evaluated at the beginning of the team's training camp, scheduled to begin July 31, team spokesman Harvey Greene said.

It was not known when was injured.

Thomas is a five-time Pro Bowl player who has led the Dolphins in tackles seven of the past eight seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-dolphins-thomas&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ebenezer
07-09-2004, 10:44 PM
age sucks....

Samphin1
07-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Not a big deal, at least not now. He actually had the injury a few years ago and it flared up on him the day before the surgery. At least, that is what is being reported at Finheaven. It is better for him to get it taken care of now and miss some training camp, than miss part or most of the season.

If he is out for a long time though, it would hurt.

SABURZFAN
07-10-2004, 05:18 PM
it's amazing how Medicine has come a long way.if it were 25 years ago,he probably would have been done for the season.

i agree with Samphin though.it's best for the FISH that he do it now and miss a little time.

casdhf
07-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1

If he is out for a long time though, it would hurt.

I gotta agree with ya there. I think if we lost London Fletcher, even for jut a few games, would realyl sting.

Samphin1
07-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I gotta agree with ya there. I think if we lost London Fletcher, even for jut a few games, would realyl sting.

Zach Thomas missed one game last year. It was against Tennessee, a tema we traditionally own. It was the only game of the year that we were "blown out" in. We were toast by halftime. He and Taylor mean so much to this defense that if either one of them are out for an extended period of time, we are done.

Like I said though, this seems to be minor and probably will make im even healthier for the season.

Disgustipatex
07-11-2004, 09:10 AM
This may actually be helpful.

Morlon Greenwood will get snaps at MLB. Eddie Moore, who would be behind Seau and Greenwood, will get a fair amount of time in camp on the starting team.

Thomas, who has problems with wear and tear, will have less.