• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i will go on record as saying...

i love our new coaching staff.

win or lose in their first season.

TD and Modrack have really put together an outstanding group and they should net us at least 2 more wins at a minimum.

the way i see it.. coaching cost us at least 2-4 games last year.. and was close to costing us a couple more.

just thought i would add that.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I agree. I am especially stoked about out defense having another year with Gray and Krumrie and the gang.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

As I've said before, there hasn't been an obvious blunder by this coaching staff yet. You couldn't say that by this time in the Gregg Williams reign. I'm thrilled with what TD and MM have put together.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Re: i will go on record as saying...

Originally posted by Tatonka

TD and Modrack have really put together an outstanding group and they should net us at least 2 more wins at a minimum.

the way i see it.. coaching cost us at least 2-4 games last year.. and was close to costing us a couple more.

I think that better coaching could have won the team at least 2 more games last year. However when you look at last year, the Bills lost 4 games by 4 or fewer points, and all of them were after Moulds got hurt and was either out or ineffective. I'd say that Moulds' presence is worth at least 4 points, meaning the Bills could have been 10-6 with just a healthy Moulds. If the Bills stay relatively healthy, they should do well this year.

Comment

• Schobel94
            The Sack Master
            • Jan 2003

Every game we lost was by coaching. Not in specific on-field coaching mistakes, but by the philosiphy, mostly on offense obviously, of our dumb coaches. It cannot be that our personel was that bad, look at the Pats, they didn't have a stellar offense, 17th, but they got done what needed to be done and were very clutch. You can't tell me they have better players, becuase they don't. It's all in the coaching and chemistry (which is largely infuenced by coaching) of the team.
            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

Don't get too optomistic....

We still have Bledsoe.
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

I agree T, I am looking forward to this season and I really can't wait to see what McNally has done with this offensive line. Our O line is a bunch of gigantic men and they should dominate and I hope McNally can finally help them reach there potential.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Re: Re: i will go on record as saying...

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

We still have Bledsoe.
                  Yep, who only 2 years ago set many Bills single-season passing records, with less talent and nowhere near as good coaching as he'll have this year. It's obviously going to suck.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jul 2003

Re: Re: i will go on record as saying...

We still have Bledsoe.
                    Learn how to spell before you put someone else down.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                      • Sep 2002

Ditto , gotta love what the coaches have done so far.

We still have Bledsoe.

I think he's gonna turn things around this year, better Oline play, better wideouts, a more consistent and deeper backfield. MOST OF ALL BETTER COACHING.

Even if he doesn't (which i highly doubt as long as the team is relatively healthy) i feel comfortable having JP for the future.

We're set guys, not many weaknesses on this team!
                      For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                        Every game we lost was by coaching. Not in specific on-field coaching mistakes, but by the philosiphy, mostly on offense obviously

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        As I've said before, there hasn't been an obvious blunder by this coaching staff yet. You couldn't say that by this time in the Gregg Williams reign.
                        You couldn't say that after his FIRST press conference...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

I'm still keeping my expectations in check....7-9 (maybe 8-8). Still too many question marks that won't be answered until a few games into the season.

And I'm not gonna touch Scott's comment to avoid scratching the scab off an already old, old wound....even though I do agree with him. :)

Comment

• Kramer
                            • May 2004

Is that a "foverever" kind of love, complete with chocolates and roses? Seriously, I agree with you 100%

Comment

• bledslow
                              • May 2004

coaching is nice and all but its the players that have to actually execute, and the pats do have better players on both side of the ball OVERALL- bills dont have any pass rush at all on defense compared to colvin(assuming healthy) mcginest,vrabel,and big richard s. even jarvis green had 3 sacks in the indy playff game. -bruschi had a better year then the very overrated spikes.

hoch was dam good filling in for the departed woody,and opened up many holes.o-line will not be a problem-

green n warren was fabulous filling in for the departed big ted and went 7-1 (6-1?) while ted was hurt watching from the sidelines.

now with dillon not having to worry about 8 men in a box everytime,he will be more lethal then ever- il will without a doubt take the combination of brown,givens(barely played the first half of the season,but had a solid second half of season and playoff/super bowl),branch,and patten -over moulds,reed(disappointment last season),evans(nothing but potential) and some other guy. those pats receivers got intangibles and have proven it in the biggest games.

a healthy moulds would not have won the bills 10 games,thats insane.drew is still a lousy qb more times then not. many teams have really good players that were banged up(like the pats).bills were not the only one.

moulds last 3 healthy games the bills almost lost,but buf barely squeaked out a victory over the once again non-playoffs cincinnati bungals.

buf will finish up this year with 7-8 wins

man i just did some serious schooling

Comment

Working...
                              X