PDA

View Full Version : Bills report: Notes, quotes, anecdotes

The Spaz
07-12-2004, 09:36 AM
New WR coach Tyke Tolbert, who helped produce Pro Bowl rookie Anquan Boldin in Arizona last season: "Mike Mularkey has a great offensive mind. He's known around the league for that. ... In this profession, you have to move around a lot but I hope I can be here for a very long time. I'm very excited about this group of receivers. The group as a whole is more talented than the receivers I left in Arizona so I'm very excited about that."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/7491919

Jan Reimers
07-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Watch for Aiken to contribute this year. I think he has a chance to be very good.

Earthquake Enyart
07-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Mullarkey :kissa: Tolbert.

ryjam282
07-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Nice, Welcome back Spaz :up:

The Spaz
07-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Mullarkey :kissa: Tolbert.

Get ready for that big payout EE!!!:snicker:

The Spaz
07-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Nice, Welcome back Spaz :up:

Thanks!:up::beers:

Earthquake Enyart
07-12-2004, 02:14 PM
spaz :kissa: ryjam282

The Spaz
07-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
spaz :kissa: ryjam282

Spaz=:nerd: EE=:finfan:

wazz
07-12-2004, 02:40 PM
WELCOME BACK SPAZ!!

hopefully all of the receivers wills tep it up this year. Hopefully Moulds will be back to his old ways and fuly recovered from injury, Evans will hopfully explode on the scene and become the #2 guy with the speed and tight routes, and hopefully Reed will go back to the slot, and dominate like he did his rookie year. He certainly wasn't ready for #2 last year, not on an average offence.

ShadowHawk7
07-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Watch for Aiken to contribute this year. I think he has a chance to be very good.

While I'd really like to agree with you, and while Aiken has supposedly had an amazing offseason, bulking up and all, he still has to beat out Bobby Shaw. For the FOURTH WR spot. Even then, it's likely he'll have less then 15 catches. (It would be very interesting we our base offense had 3 WRs.) I guess it's possible he could beat out Reed too, but that might be stretching it. His preseason will be the key if he wants the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th spot.

JefftheBillsfan
07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
does anyone have aiken's 40 time?

ShadowHawk7
07-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by wazz
WELCOME BACK SPAZ!!

hopefully all of the receivers wills tep it up this year. Hopefully Moulds will be back to his old ways and fuly recovered from injury, Evans will hopfully explode on the scene and become the #2 guy with the speed and tight routes, and hopefully Reed will go back to the slot, and dominate like he did his rookie year. He certainly wasn't ready for #2 last year, not on an average offence.

I was willing to give Reed one more shot as the number 2, but with the exceptional reports about Evans, I guess I won't have to be. I keep reading that he's the most ready WR to play in the NFL, and he playing alongside Eric Moulds. There might not be a better situation for him. While I'm not expecting Boldin numbers from him, I think he'll get a solid 700 yards. Moulds will get back to form, and generate 900-1200 yards. Reed should prove to be a very capable slot reciever and get 500-600 yards. Shaw and Aiken will also prove as invaluble backups.

justasportsfan
07-12-2004, 03:47 PM
New WR coach Tyke Tolbert, who helped produce Pro Bowl rookie Anquan Boldin in Arizona last season

Is Boldin Tolbert's only success story or is Boldin really a great talent. I just hope this guy can make Evans a 1000 yd wr. and bring out the best in Reed. I think Reed is being shortcahnge by fans and media. With Moulds being injured, Gilbrides offensive confussion, drew and OL troubles , no way anyone could've succeeded.

If anything, he should have less pressure based on expectations and running up the middle would be a breeze for him. Shaw ,Aiken and Coleman......man do we have depth at wr. If Mcnally lives up to expectations and Mularkey knowing when and how to run , I don't think even Drew can screw up this O even if he tried..

wazz
07-12-2004, 06:19 PM
was just thinking...and by crikey it hurt!! but u know what i think the biggest help of anything will be for our Wide Recievers??? The Running game. If the coaches implemnetn a genuine running game, the reciever will gewt space they never had last year. Reed will be fine ESPECIALLY in the slot. Evans should run riot in space, and the balance will help everyone.

the key to next year, REGARDLESS of positional improvements or whatever will be the game plan. it killed us all too often, and it's time to sort it. Evans is nice to have as a weapon, but like everyone else, he can't do it, if EVERY D he faces knows we are p[assing

TigerJ
07-13-2004, 08:32 AM
If Aiken is the fourth WR, he might have the ball thrown his way 15 or 20 times the whole season unless a couple guys get hurt. He's not going to have the opportunity to make a major contribution despite what he can or can't do.

Earthquake Enyart
07-13-2004, 08:35 AM
You Aiken guys,.... :cynic: :puke: :moon:

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 08:46 AM
I think Aiken has to get some shot with us....Who knows, he may be really good......