PDA

View Full Version : Still no word on Gildon??

mchurchfie
07-12-2004, 01:25 PM
What's up with this guy?

Michael82
07-12-2004, 01:28 PM
A decision on former Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon looks like it might be here by the end of the week. Agent Peter Schaffer said Sunday night his client "is very close," to making a call from a choice of three teams that includes the Bengals, Bills, and Packers.

"All those teams have something that is attractive," Schaffer said. "The Bills have the No. 1 defense, the Packers are the favorite to win the NFC, and the Bengals are coming off that first great season under Marvin (Lewis). Right now, he's trying to decide between filet mignon and steak."

http://www.bengals.com/

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-12-2004, 01:29 PM
I would have to say that among steaks, the Bills are the Filet Mignon choice....what with his agent talking about the #1 Defense.....

mchurchfie
07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
KEWL...thanxs Mikey:up:

Michael82
07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
KEWL...thanxs Mikey:up:

No prob. :D

juice
07-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Maybe MM was doing a former player a favor by showing interest in a player who isn't really being considered by the Bills.

If he was an option it seems like some type of scheduled follow up visit or at least a lowball offer would have been made by now.

Some Bengals fans on their boards feel like they dont have the cap space to sign him and that the Bills might be the frontrunner for his services for that reason.

Patrick76777
07-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I really hope we grab this guy.

Wolffman
07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Me too. He would add a whole new demension to our defense, and team really.

mchurchfie
07-12-2004, 01:47 PM
We need some more passrushers....he would be good:up:

wazz
07-12-2004, 02:47 PM
we have a solid starting 3, but Gildon provides a nice alternative option and solid depth. A useful adition, and ALSO could come in handy playing down onthe End. Him and Posey over the same side...could be fun to watch

JefftheBillsfan
07-12-2004, 03:25 PM
how are the packers favorites in the nfc?

tampabay25690
07-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
I would have to say that among steaks, the Bills are the Filet Mignon choice....what with his agent talking about the #1 Defense.....

Well that depends if you like Filet, personally I like a nice PorterHouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick76777
07-12-2004, 03:44 PM
I like a nice Strip

B-DON
07-12-2004, 03:51 PM
i would take the vikes over green bay to win the nfc central

shotgun
07-12-2004, 04:19 PM
do really need this guy guy hay i am all for him comeing here but if he dose not then it's not the end of the world and another thing how come bangals.com has all the info all them time>>???
and the bangals and bills are allways in the running for certin players???? well we will see go bills

i got my season tickets do u it's our house!!!!

Pride
07-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by shotgun
do really need this guy guy hay i am all for him comeing here but if he dose not then it's not the end of the world and another thing how come bangals.com has all the info all them time>>???
and the bangals and bills are allways in the running for certin players???? well we will see go bills

Good post bro, but you REALLY need to learn to use puncuation more effectively haha

venis2k1
07-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by shotgun

1. We dont NEED him, unless he can play gaurd. but would he make our team better in the short term? Yes.

2. BENGALS.com(not bangles, they are a band) is a well run site, the best for any NFL team IMO. they are one of the only team sites(maybe the only one) that gives legit inside info and will break news before ESPN.

3. Both are rebuilding teams with lots of the same holes.

wazz
07-12-2004, 06:21 PM
guess the bungles had to be good at something.....

Charlieguide
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

2. BENGALS.com(not bangles, they are a band) is a well run site, the best for any NFL team IMO. they are one of the only team sites(maybe the only one) that gives legit inside info and will break news before ESPN.

I visit BillsDaily.com every time I turn on the comp. They broke the Bledsoe deal long before ESPN did.

The Natrix
07-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
how are the packers favorites in the nfc?

I was thinking the same thing. :idunno:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Bills Daily.com is great if you can stand to go several days with no news....it is barebones, nothing but news.....I guess that is a good thing, since we can just fill up BillsZone with all of our BS as we try to make it through the offseason......

Pride
07-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Bills Daily isnt great with news! They only post when they feel spirited to do so. If you want barebones news, look at our homepage!

www.billszone.com

We post news daily, from tons of sources.