PDA

View Full Version : the biggest thing that will be missed this yea is !!!

shotgun
07-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Van Miller

i know things like this will change time to time but this is one change that will not be taken easy. wny has been listing to van for over 40 years and just standing in the stadium u can hear his voice stateing kelly takes the snap backs up trow he got reed for the tuchdown !!!!! can u beleive it and the bills are going to the super bowl !!!!! in my and other words thanks for being your self and a inspiration in all our buffalo bills and football memories....... see u in canton

the fans

Pride
07-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know of any "greatest hits" for van?

I would love to have a collection of his biggest moments

I can hear "Kelly in the shotgun..."

Dozerdog
07-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Does anyone know of any "greatest hits" for van?

I would love to have a collection of his biggest moments

I can hear "Kelly in the shotgun..."

NFL Films - Buffalo Bills yearbooks from 1990=1993 has all those calls on them of all the big plays

TigerJ
07-12-2004, 08:57 PM
"It's Fandemonium!"

Interestingly, as much sentimental accolades as he is getting now, last season more than one individual said on this and other forums that it was time for him to hang it up because he made too many mistakes. He is a hall of fame announcer, but it was time to ride off into the sunset. He knew it as well as the fans.

chernobylwraiths
07-12-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry, but I was never a big fan of Van's. JMO. I still remember watching the Cleveland game in the playoffs in 89 I think. I listened to Van because he was still pretty good (even though he still butchered calls a lot) and the guys on TV were idiots. Anyway, if you have ever watched a game and listened to it on the radio, you know the radio feed is about a half second ahead of the TV. Well, Kelly dropped back and floated a near perfect touch pass to the near corner of the endzone and right into the hands of Ronnie Harmon. I can still here it like it was yesterday. The ball was still in the air, just decending into his hands and Van called "TOUCHDOWN!" Me and my buddy jumped up and high fived and heard "Oh, NO!" just as the ball his his hands, we here Van telling us that he dropped it. I was so freaking pissed. IMO, Van was good, but hung on WAY too long.

DraftBoy
07-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Winfield at the corner is what we will miss most.

JefftheBillsfan
07-12-2004, 09:21 PM
"the kick is on its way, and it is good!!!

and the bills win it, the bills win!!"

shotgun
07-13-2004, 06:44 PM
the kick is on its way, and it is good!!!

that is one of the most thing i will remenber
most

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Does anyone remember what Van said when Flutie ran that naked bootleg to beat Jacksonville back in what, 1995? I remember it being a classic Van line.....one of his better ones......and then in the post game Coughlin was all pissed off...."Naked.....everybody is looking naked!!"

Van will be missed even if he was old and tired, he was part of the Bills culture.....Murph will do fine though..not so sure about AVP.

MDFINFAN
07-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by shotgun
the kick is on its way, and it is good!!!

that is one of the most thing i will remenber
most

Then it wasn't a call from your SB's appearance..:D

Okay, I couldn't help it...I've have been around to really haze you guys in a while..I'm almost finished building my house and then I'll have the time to debate and have some fun with ya'll again..:)

BuffaloRanger
07-14-2004, 08:52 PM
...ZoneBucks.

Halbert
07-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
I'm sorry, but I was never a big fan of Van's.
:banme:

Halbert
07-15-2004, 05:22 AM
I am seriously bummed Van is gone. He's the voice that's been in my earbud for so long the games are going to feel very weird without him for a while.

ryjam282
07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I enjoyed listening to Van as well. For me he is the voice of the Bills, he will be missed. But, now we have Alex Van Pelt :D