PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable...didn't anyone catch the premier of "I love the 90's" on VH1?

Nighthawk
07-12-2004, 10:40 PM
In the second episode..."I love 1991" they actually had the Norwood miss on! What the hell...are we ever going to get away from that!?!?! We need a Super Bowl win in the worst way! We have become folklore...it's crazy.

Ugggh :mad:

Wolffman
07-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Haha I saw that too. I think its funny more than anything.

The only part that gets to me is when Norwood was walking back to the locker room, half in tears, with him teammates comforting him, patting him on the back. You cant help as to think what would have happened if he made it, how the pats on the back would turn into hugs and a heroes salute.

saviorbledsoe
07-13-2004, 06:26 AM
I only started watching foortball in the Bills 2nd Bowl. That was the first game I ever watched and even though they lost I was hooked and have been a die hard ever since. So, the Norwood thing doesnt hurt me as much but I know the feeling because that BS! Titans Game in 99 hurts me to this day.

tomdonahoe
07-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Whenever I ask a non-Bills fan—How far was that field goal attempt by Norwood? I consistently get answer from 25 yards to 35 yards tops. That is the biggest part that drives me crazy. Should Norwood have made that kick? Yes, absolutely. But a 47 yard kick to win the Super Bowl is certainly not a chip shot nor does it make Norwood a choke artist like our sports society has grown to assume.

Try it for yourself--next time a non-Bills fan brings it up to you ask them how far that kick was?

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 06:48 AM
I know, it was rough watching that too. Especially when that guy said he wrote that letter...

Dear Scott,
You tried your best.
It didn't work out
You FU*%ING SUCK

That was both funny and very sad at the same time...

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Regardless of how far it was, he hit the kick very well. It would have been good from 60 yards, it had plenty on it. The only thing it didn't have on it was the patented Norwood draw....Mostly all of his kicks had that little left draw on them, but of course not that one :(

THenry2034
07-13-2004, 06:53 AM
Yeah....I was surprised this made I Love The 90s. I mean, look at I Love the 80s and I Love the 80s Strikes Back; they rarely had something sports related and if it did, it was something of actual relevence that made sense to even mention in a one hour TV show about a year. It shows how memorable that kick will be not only to the people of Buffalo but to the people in America in general.......

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 07:02 AM
I know, one of the catch lines they were talking about was the war...Saying this was the biggest thing going on, and possibly the best Super Bowl ever and how Scott Norwood had a chance to be a hero...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....Remember Whitney Houston's National Anthem that year.....Definitely the best one I have ever heard....Wonderful rendition of it and perfect at the time.

Tatonka
07-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I know, it was rough watching that too. Especially when that guy said he wrote that letter...

Dear Scott,
You tried your best.
It didn't work out
You FU*%ING SUCK

That was both funny and very sad at the same time...

it was so long ago now, that when he said that.. i actually laughed my ass off... that was hilarious.

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 08:37 AM
I agree, I did chuckle too....But still very bitter.

And honestly, that is only about the 2nd or 3rd time I have actually seen that kick. I usually leave the room. But I was happy to see my wife get upset over it as well, that made me very happy.

carybillsfan
07-13-2004, 09:11 AM
I thought the best line was Stuart Scott's saying the "Norwood is the only one whose ever moved on, it's the rest of Buffalo that is still crying about it."

There couldn't have been a more true statement!!!

mypoorfriendme
07-13-2004, 09:46 AM
i cant really blame norwood either. people miss kicks, this was just a bad time to do so.

also though, you have to realize that if it werent for his leg, the bills would have never even made it to the superbowl to begin with