PDA

View Full Version : Gildon to decide this week between Cin, Buf & GB...

Ickybaluky
07-13-2004, 05:50 AM
From Bengals.com (http://www.bengals.com/):

"A decision on former Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon looks like it might be here by the end of the week. Agent Peter Schaffer said Sunday night his client "is very close," to making a call from a choice of three teams that includes the Bengals, Bills, and Packers. "All those teams have something that is attractive," Schaffer said. "The Bills have the No. 1 defense, the Packers are the favorite to win the NFC, and the Bengals are coming off that first great season under Marvin (Lewis). Right now, he's trying to decide between filet mignon and steak."

saviorbledsoe
07-13-2004, 06:23 AM
The Bills are the Filet Mignon :)

Earthquake Enyart
The Bengals are tube steak.

Jan Reimers
Originally posted by NE39
From Bengals.com (http://www.bengals.com/):

Right now, he's trying to decide between filet mignon and steak."

. . . or a tofu burger. Come on, Jason, join this year's Super Bowl winner - the Buffalo Bills.

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 06:51 AM
If that is his 3 choices I would defintely say we have to be the front runners. A man that plays Defense wants to go to a Defense that is dominant if he has the chance...He said we are the #1 Defense, I feel this will be his choice.

Devin
07-13-2004, 07:39 AM
should be us.

SABURZFAN
07-13-2004, 08:17 AM
i'm not all that excited about gildon.if we get him,that's good.if not,no big deal.:idunno:

Earthquake Enyart
07-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i'm not all that excited about gildon.if we get him,that's good.if not,no big deal.:idunno:

I agree. I'd rather re-up with one of our 3 upcoming FA's.

If I'm Gilden, assuming the money is about the same, I'd pick Green Bay.

SABURZFAN
07-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I agree. I'd rather re-up with one of our 3 upcoming FA's.

If I'm Gilden, assuming the money is about the same, I'd pick Green Bay.

going to cincinatti could help talk up a rivalry with pittsburgh.

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm not all "WE NEED HIM" but I sure would be happy if we got him. Veterans of his caliber can do nothing but help us.

Jan Reimers
07-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I'm not all "WE NEED HIM" but I sure would be happy if we got him. Veterans of his caliber can do nothing but help us.

Absolutely, ryjam. He would give us another veteran presence on defense, a good situational pass rusher, and some insurance at LB or even DE if someone went down. He's not a crucial addition, but he would help in a year where we've done little to improve our D.

Tatonka
07-13-2004, 08:58 AM
it is talking so long for him to decide.. that i am becoming indifferent.

ryjam282
07-13-2004, 09:12 AM
I know, this took longer then the Troy Vincent deal and that was a little ridiculous as well...I mean make a decision and lets get going already.

Michael82
07-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Absolutely, ryjam. He would give us another veteran presence on defense, a good situational pass rusher, and some insurance at LB or even DE if someone went down. He's not a crucial addition, but he would help in a year where we've done little to improve our D.

or he could be Eddie Robinson part 2. :scared: :puke:

The Spaz
07-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82

Eddie Robinson started for us though. Gildon would be a situational player for us.

The_Philster
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Eddie Robinson started for us though.

don't remind us. :ill:

HenryRules
07-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

That's what my concern will be if we sign him.

Eddie Robinson was signed to a 1-year deal worth not much (if any) more than the minimum.

With the demand and length of time that Gildon is taking to decide, I'm hoping that doesn't mean that it willl cost us too much if we have to cut him after this season.