PDA

View Full Version : Literally LMAO - Former NFL Coach Considers Run for Senate

JJamezz
07-13-2004, 10:18 AM
What a turd...

http://news.yahoo.com//p/v?u=/ap_av/20040713/av_ap_us/1dc6c87f2cdefa80a4d744871d05aaf2&cid=448&f=53746353',650,450

lordofgun
07-13-2004, 10:20 AM
He might just have a chance. You know how Chicago is. :coocoo:

Earthquake Enyart
07-13-2004, 10:26 AM
If someone will bankroll him, he'd do it. He is a true egomaniac.

The Spaz
07-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Hell Jessie Ventura got elected for Minnesota!:shakeno:

TigerJ
07-13-2004, 12:14 PM
The page wouldn't load, I'm assuming you mean Mike Ditka since I heard a blurb on the radio to that effect the other day. In some ways it might not be so bad to have an outspoken guy like that in the senate. It's a good thing though that there would be 99 other men and women who would vote with a sense of reason. We wouldn't want him trading our entire Navy for a first round draft pick now would we?

Earthquake Enyart
07-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
The page wouldn't load, I'm assuming you mean Mike Ditka since I heard a blurb on the radio to that effect the other day. In some ways it might not be so bad to have an outspoken guy like that in the senate. It's a good thing though that there would be 99 other men and women who would vote with a sense of reason. We wouldn't want him trading our entire Navy for a first round draft pick now would we?

First of all, Ditka never met an endorsement he didn't like.

Secondly, that Rickey Williams trade was one of the most understood moves of all time. The thing that that trade did was keep the Saints out of cap hell. He couldn't afford to draft that year, and got Rickey to sign one of the most ******ed contracts in NFL history.

Haslett reaped the benefits of that move.

lordofgun
07-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
First of all, Ditka never met an endorsement he didn't like.

Secondly, that Rickey Williams trade was one of the most understood moves of all time. The thing that that trade did was keep the Saints out of cap hell. He couldn't afford to draft that year, and got Rickey to sign one of the most ******ed contracts in NFL history.

Haslett reaped the benefits of that move.

See what I mean. :coocoo:

mypoorfriendme
07-13-2004, 02:34 PM
literally laughing your ass off? as to say in the process of laughing your ass actually detached itself from your body?

thats pretty amazing jamez

Jan Reimers
07-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
He might just have a chance. You know how Chicago is. :coocoo:

Vote early and often.

TigerJ
07-13-2004, 09:51 PM
EE: "First of all, Ditka never met an endorsement he didn't like."

Is that different any other politician in the country? Some might turn down an endorsement if advisors convince them it's bad for their careers, but that's the only reason any politician would ever turn one down.

"Secondly, that Rickey Williams trade was one of the most understood moves of all time. The thing that that trade did was keep the Saints out of cap hell. He couldn't afford to draft that year, and got Rickey to sign one of the most ******ed contracts in NFL history."

Do you think that was really Ditka's motivation when he made the trade? From the standpoint of play on the field it was a terrible move and I think it got him canned sooner rather than later. It may be that long term it helped the franchise. I don't know enough about it to argue the point, but it did not make the Saints a better team in the short term.

TedMock
07-14-2004, 02:45 PM
I have no idea how "political-savvy" Ditka is, but public office positions have happened with other people in sports. Jesse Ventura is still the biggest surprise. Don't forget about Jack Kemp and Steve Largent. Isn't Tom Osbourne from Nebraska a political figure of some sort, too?