• Jul 2002

Literally LMAO - Former NFL Coach Considers Run for Senate

What a turd...

http://news.yahoo.com//p/v?u=/ap_av/...448&f=53746353',650,450
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

He might just have a chance. You know how Chicago is.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

If someone will bankroll him, he'd do it. He is a true egomaniac.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Hell Jessie Ventura got elected for Minnesota!

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

The page wouldn't load, I'm assuming you mean Mike Ditka since I heard a blurb on the radio to that effect the other day. In some ways it might not be so bad to have an outspoken guy like that in the senate. It's a good thing though that there would be 99 other men and women who would vote with a sense of reason. We wouldn't want him trading our entire Navy for a first round draft pick now would we?
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
            The page wouldn't load, I'm assuming you mean Mike Ditka since I heard a blurb on the radio to that effect the other day. In some ways it might not be so bad to have an outspoken guy like that in the senate. It's a good thing though that there would be 99 other men and women who would vote with a sense of reason. We wouldn't want him trading our entire Navy for a first round draft pick now would we?
            First of all, Ditka never met an endorsement he didn't like.

Secondly, that Rickey Williams trade was one of the most understood moves of all time. The thing that that trade did was keep the Saints out of cap hell. He couldn't afford to draft that year, and got Rickey to sign one of the most ******ed contracts in NFL history.

Haslett reaped the benefits of that move.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              First of all, Ditka never met an endorsement he didn't like.

Secondly, that Rickey Williams trade was one of the most understood moves of all time. The thing that that trade did was keep the Saints out of cap hell. He couldn't afford to draft that year, and got Rickey to sign one of the most ******ed contracts in NFL history.

Haslett reaped the benefits of that move.
              See what I mean.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

literally laughing your ass off? as to say in the process of laughing your ass actually detached itself from your body?

thats pretty amazing jamez
                the dude abides

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                  He might just have a chance. You know how Chicago is.
                  Vote early and often.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

EE: "First of all, Ditka never met an endorsement he didn't like."

Is that different any other politician in the country? Some might turn down an endorsement if advisors convince them it's bad for their careers, but that's the only reason any politician would ever turn one down.

"Secondly, that Rickey Williams trade was one of the most understood moves of all time. The thing that that trade did was keep the Saints out of cap hell. He couldn't afford to draft that year, and got Rickey to sign one of the most ******ed contracts in NFL history."

Do you think that was really Ditka's motivation when he made the trade? From the standpoint of play on the field it was a terrible move and I think it got him canned sooner rather than later. It may be that long term it helped the franchise. I don't know enough about it to argue the point, but it did not make the Saints a better team in the short term.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

I have no idea how "political-savvy" Ditka is, but public office positions have happened with other people in sports. Jesse Ventura is still the biggest surprise. Don't forget about Jack Kemp and Steve Largent. Isn't Tom Osbourne from Nebraska a political figure of some sort, too?

Comment

Working...
                      X