PDA

View Full Version : Brown, Losman Compete to Backup Bledsoe

The Spaz
07-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Drew Bledsoe will be the Bills starting quarterback when the 2004 season kicks off in September. That much is certain. But the question still remains who the signal caller behind the former first overall draft pick will be.

Travis Brown is currently listed as number two on the depth chart but that could all change by the time training camps concludes in late August.

"I'm just trying to play the best I can and do whatever I need to help this team win," Brown said. "I plan to work hard and compete for the backup role."

The four-year veteran has himself penciled in for the time being, but rookie J.P. Losman will look to jump ahead of him when camp begins in July. Losman has great arm strength and is also good on his feet but before he can be thrown into the mix, he needs to be groomed to play in the NFL.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=249057

CommissarSpartacus
07-14-2004, 08:16 AM
This is a dumb article.

Travis Brown will be #2 this year.

TD, the coaches, Bledsoe and the rest of the team are HUGE fans of Travis Brown.

Losman will only see the field this year if Bledsoe and Brown are both injured.

Anyone who thinks a guy who led his college team to a glorious 12 - 12 the last two years against nobodies is ready for the NFL is dreaming.

Losman may indeed be a great prospect but it seems the Tulane offense consisted of Losman taking the snaps in the shotgun and running around in the backfield until he found someone open.

He's got a lot to learn before he can run a pro offense.

lordofgun
07-14-2004, 08:40 AM
I disagree. He's cocky and that means he's good. :up:

Earthquake Enyart
07-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Losman is #2 already. They don't want to hurt Travis' feelings.

wazz
07-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Brown has to have something about him to have been kept all this time. He's never really been given a chance, and here is every possibility that he is one of those guys that will get a chance, and step up and get it done. wouldn't be the first time. Also ppl have ALWAYS been high on him about something. Last year we saw a drop in Bledsoe's play because there was no QB coach. just imagine how much that must have slowed the development of a QB like Brown. if he DOES have something in his weaponary, then Whyce is going to find it and pull it to thje for-front.

Brown could be the guy

Earthquake Enyart
07-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Brown is cheap. He's the next AVP.

wazz
07-14-2004, 11:48 AM
harsh.... AVP was competant too, so y would u not want another aVP?

lordofgun
07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Losman is #2 already. They don't want to hurt Travis' feelings.

I don't understand this.

wazz
07-14-2004, 01:52 PM
he means he thinks losman is already NUMBER 2. He thinks they don't want to hurt Travis' feelings

:abe: