PDA

View Full Version : Possibe Dolphins signee?

The Spaz
07-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Bucs offer no explanation for release

If defensive tackle Darrell Russell is to reclaim a once-promising career largely squandered away to off-field excesses, the former first-round draft choice will have to do so with a franchise other than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

In a somewhat surprising move, the Bucs on Tuesday released Russell, who had signed a one-year, $535,000 contract with Tampa Bay as an unrestricted free agent on March 30. It remains to be seen now if another team takes a chance on Russell, who played in eight games for the Washington Redskins in 2003, after missing the previous 1½ years while he served two NFL-mandated suspensions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1839187

Tatonka
07-13-2004, 08:18 PM
it is just unreal that someone who was as absolutely dominating as he was could just piss it all away..

if anyone watched this guy early on, he looked as if he could have been one of the best DTs to ever play the game.. truely..

it dont feel bad for the guy, but his slide to the bottom has been sad to watch.

The Spaz
07-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
it is just unreal that someone who was as absolutely dominating as he was could just piss it all away..

if anyone watched this guy early on, he looked as if he could have been one of the best DTs to ever play the game.. truely..

it dont feel bad for the guy, but his slide to the bottom has been sad to watch.

I think the Dolphins will feel sad for him though.:snicker:

Tatonka
07-13-2004, 08:24 PM
their DL is fine.. they dont need him.

Voltron
07-13-2004, 11:17 PM

It is a lot better than ours that is for sure!

Could he play DE? Even with all his shortcomings we could sign him to an incentive laden contract that would give him some reason to get his life back together. 3rd time is the charm they say ;)

The Spaz
07-13-2004, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't want him to be our waterboy!

tampabay25690
07-14-2004, 12:02 AM
The funny thing is he was looking good in mini camps, he ran into some problems outside of practices this week..........

Samphin1
07-14-2004, 03:30 AM

I think what your fellow "genuis comics" are getting at is that he has a rap sheet a mile long. They seem to think we would want this pathetic loser because he has been behind bars many a time.

However, I think this guy is much less a Dolfelon candidate as he is a Buffaloser. :D

Say Buffaloser....I just made that up. PRETTY GOOD!

Kramer
07-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
I think what your fellow "genuis comics" are getting at is that he has a rap sheet a mile long. They seem to think we would want this pathetic loser because he has been behind bars many a time.

However, I think this guy is much less a Dolfelon candidate as he is a Buffaloser. :D

Say Buffaloser....I just made that up. PRETTY GOOD!

Hey Hey, be nice. You are afterall on a Bills website.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Betcha those damn Pats pick him up and he turns into an AllPro......

MDFINFAN
07-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
The funny thing is he was looking good in mini camps, he ran into some problems outside of practices this week..........

Exactly what did happen, I thought he was a lock to make the team.

MDFINFAN
07-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
Betcha those damn Pats pick him up and he turns into an AllPro......

I thought the same thing...then I started saying maybe the phins should pick him, lock him in a room each night and let him out on game day, he'll be so mad, that any opposing team OL will get cloobered by him.:D He would be good depth for our DL..but the down side is too risky..I think...if he's cut right now by the buc's something much have happened.

ShadowHawk7
07-14-2004, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't mind if we got him. Like Voltron said, an incentive-laden contract might do the trick. But I don't think TD would go 10 feet near him.