ESPN 2k5 player ratings ratings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

ESPN 2k5 player ratings ratings.

I'm slightly dissapointed here, I think Eric Moulds (Barely better than Santana Moss, and faster and stronger than ratings indicate.) and Spikes deserve better but oh well. It's nice to see Travis Henry getting some nice regocnition for once. No Lee Evans, which means he'll be ranked under a 82.

Top 9 Bills players. Click "next shot" for the rest of the league.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • Wolffman
    • Jul 2004

I don't play ESPN, but those rankings seem fair enough. I would like to see Bledsoe a bit higher, and maybe Spikes higher.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      • Mar 2003

Not to worry, we can always *ahem* tweak the ratings a bit. ESPN is gonna blast Madden in terms of gameplay this year. They may not beat them in sales, but the game will be better. ESPN 2003 and 2004 actually ranked a bit better than the Maddens they faced on IGN.com.
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

ESPN fails in comparison to Madden usually but I have heard some good things about the game this year but Madden still tops my list though.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
          Exhausted of Losing
          • Mar 2004

Re: ESPN 2k5 player ratings ratings.

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
          No Lee Evans, which means he'll be ranked under a 82.
          That's no surprise, usually only the top 5 picks are 80 or above.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
            Exhausted of Losing
            • Mar 2004

They have Brian Westbrook rated above Travis Henry!!!

Comment

• ryjam282
              • Mar 2003

That is why I stay with Madden...That is a joke.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

you forgot to mention a few major things.. on top of the fact that ESPN comes out a month earlier than madden (i just preordered my copy on ebgames.com for 7/20/04 delivery)... they have reduced thier price to 19.99$!!!

you really CANT buy it at that price.. and being that it will be out so soon.. and the game play last year was better.. and will be even more improved with this version.

if you havent ever played it.. the graphis ARE better.. it is very noticable.

so people are stuck on madden.. mainly because they have been playing madden for over 10 years..

i think ESPN really got the right idea this year.. their marketing last year was horrible.. they released the game for the same price as madden AND released it after madden.. so everyone already had madden and most didnt go out and buy another game..

that will all change this year..i think a TON of people will get both.. and actually play and compair themselves.. and then they will see.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Damn T, you beat me to it...

I just read that about the price and thought it was some kinda joke at first! But I didn't know they had moved the date up - last I saw it was scheduled for about a week after Madden, in late August. I wonder if this was the plan all along.

THe only semi-disturbing thing I read was that the PS2 graphics are supposedly better than XBOX?!?! WTF is up with that?

Thats a great site shadowhawk, thanks - there's also some videos on there:

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                    THe only semi-disturbing thing I read was that the PS2 graphics are supposedly better than XBOX?!?! WTF is up with that?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
                        Thats a great site shadowhawk, thanks
                        Not a problem.

Originally posted by ryjam282
                        ESPN fails in comparison to Madden
                        How so? The only thing I like better about Madden is I like the Hit Stick a bit better than Maximum Tackle. You'd think all those Turkey Legs would finally kill Mr. Madden.. Hopefully before he makes millions by re-releasing the same game with a new cover boy next year. :snicker2:

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        you forgot to mention a few major things.. on top of the fact that ESPN comes out a month earlier than madden (i just preordered my copy on ebgames.com for 7/20/04 delivery)... they have reduced thier price to 19.99$!!!

you really CANT buy it at that price.. and being that it will be out so soon.. and the game play last year was better.. and will be even more improved with this version.

if you havent ever played it.. the graphis ARE better.. it is very noticable.

so people are stuck on madden.. mainly because they have been playing madden for over 10 years..

i think ESPN really got the right idea this year.. their marketing last year was horrible.. they released the game for the same price as madden AND released it after madden.. so everyone already had madden and most didnt go out and buy another game..

that will all change this year..i think a TON of people will get both.. and actually play and compair themselves.. and then they will see.
                        Wow, couldn't of said it better myself. Agreed %100, great post T. This game is gonna be amazing.
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ryjam282
                          • Mar 2003

I have read countless reviews on both games and it is hard to judge Madden this year cause it isn't even out yet. But all the reviews I have read say the mostly the same thing. NFL2K5 is getting closer to Madden but Madden still takes the cake, at least this year.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

i meant to say that at 19.99.. your really can't afford NOT to buy it.. it is so inexpensive.. that all the people that are jonesing for training camp and just anything football, like everyone on this board.. they will all go get it...

and that is all ESPN needed to do... just get the game in the peoples hands and let them decide by playing them both.. because people will buy madden.. it is going to happen.. but the battle between the two will really be on this year.. and you will get valid points from alot more people.. as opposed to people in years past that just dogged ESPN/2K football because it wasnt madden.. but had no true knowledge of the game..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                              I have read countless reviews on both games and it is hard to judge Madden this year cause it isn't even out yet. But all the reviews I have read say the mostly the same thing. NFL2K5 is getting closer to Madden but Madden still takes the cake, at least this year.
                              i dont know what reviews you read.. but last year, madden lost to ESPN football by a hair on ign, which is the best game review site imho.

Comment

Working...
                              X