PDA

View Full Version : It is time to trade for some offense.

Novacane
10-30-2002, 08:22 AM
This is getting ridiculas. 1 goal a game and if we really do well we get 2 goals. Those new rules sure are helping open up the offense!
We do not need 2 starting Goalies with Miller in Rochester. They need to package Norenen and Zitnik and whoever else it takes to get someone in here who can put the puck in the net.

They are never going to put fans in those empty seats if they continue to play boring hockey.

No need for EE and Buffaram to respond..............I know this means I am not a "True Fan" IYO's. I should just shut up and go to the boring games because the Sabres need my $$$$. Bull Crap!
The team is not giving fans any reason to come out and see them.

Buffarama
10-30-2002, 08:32 AM
Actually I agree with you, you fake fan you :)
The problem is without an owner no big moves will be made, and no one will want to come here. What bothers me is the lineup is the same year after year, and players like Milley and Kotalik cannot break in.

don137
10-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
The problem is without an owner no big moves will be made, and no one will want to come here. What bothers me is the lineup is the same year after year, and players like Milley and Kotalik cannot break in.

The Montreal Expos made a ton of trades this year with MLB running the team. Buffalo is in a very tough spot because they can't trade for a big name player because of salary but no one wants to give up a low salary scorer. Players like Norenen are a dime a dozen. Zhitnik would spark interest but your not going to get a lot for him either. Players labeled as "underachievers that need a change of scenery" are the only type of players I see Buffalo getting. My question is are the Sabres not scoring because of the players or because of Ruff's style of hockey or a combination of both.

Buffarama
10-30-2002, 08:49 AM
This team has been too status quo for too long. The fans want a severe change, something, anything. How much worse could it get anyways?
Everyone knows that this same nucleus of players has hit the wall, and Ruff has as coach too. It doesn't mean they'll all bad, it just means it's time for a change.

Novacane
10-30-2002, 08:51 AM
I disagree with you that players like Norenen are a dime a dozen Don. I think they could get something for him. If not than they could move Biron(Sorry BironsGirl). They could definately get something for him and Norenen is not much of a drop of IMO. It does not look like this team is going to go anywhere anyway so might as well let Norenen learn on the job.

As to why the sabres are not scoring? I wish I knew? I think it is more a lack of talent.

Novacane
10-30-2002, 08:53 AM

What? Holy smokes! I have to write this down!;)

Novacane
10-30-2002, 08:55 AM
This team has been too status quo for too long.

Exactly! The definition of insanity is to keep on doing what you've been doing and to somehow think you're going to get differant results!

They need to break up this core of players. Even if they had to go backwards for a year like the Bills did. It is painfully obvious they are not going to win with this group so try something else.

Earthquake Enyart
10-30-2002, 09:53 AM
They have too many big defensemen that don't hit anyone. It wouldn't break my heart to trade ANY defenseman we have, along with a goalie for somebody who can score.

And I've been to more Sabres games than most of you. (I caught the game in Chicago).

When the Sabres leave maybe they'll get a junior team for you guys so you can watch Erie and Sault Ste. Marie, if you have time.

Novacane
10-30-2002, 10:18 AM
They'd be more exciting to watch than this team.

clumping platelets
10-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Sabres aren't going to make any trades while on the extended road trip, however, a shake up should be forthcoming. I would trade Zhitnik and Varada and draft choice for a LW that can actually score goals. Who? Who knows, it all depends on who may be available.

Buffarama
10-30-2002, 02:24 PM
I don't see the correlation EE between shaking up the lineup and the Sabres leaving. I'm not making excuses not to support them, I think the fans need to suck it up right now.
I'm just stating the obvious. I haven't been happy with this team for the last two years, but still continue to go to games when I can.

BironsGirl43
10-30-2002, 03:01 PM
Yes we need more offense.. either from an acquisition or from our current players picking it the slack and putting the puck in the net!! And if we lose a goalie.. can it please not be Marty? Pretty please? :)

clumping platelets
10-30-2002, 03:10 PM
I think Marty's safe. he's clearly entrenched as #1

:phew: <---------BG43

Novacane
10-30-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Sabres aren't going to make any trades while on the extended road trip, however, a shake up should be forthcoming. I would trade Zhitnik and Varada

NoNO They can't trade Varada. Did'nt you hear Ruff say he can be a 20+ goal scorer now with the new rules!

I almost fell off my chair laughing:bandwagon

don137
10-30-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

NoNO They can't trade Varada. Did'nt you hear Ruff say he can be a 20+ goal scorer now with the new rules!

I almost fell off my chair laughing:bandwagon

Yea, maybe in the ECHL...I doubt he could score 20+ with Rochester these days.

Sabre Ally
10-31-2002, 12:10 AM
I like Varada.........as a 4th liner. Nothing more. They're paying him well over his value.

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2002, 12:39 PM
If Boulton got the ice time Varada does, he'd have as many goals. The did spend way too much on Varada.