• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hermanator21
    Bleed Red, White, and Blue
    • Mar 2004

oklahoma FS to work out the bills

Just read on ffmastermind.com (quickbites) that Brandon Everage will be working out for four teams including the Bills. He was a four time All Big 12 selection and helped win a national championship in 2000. He has some injury concerns and has been arrested 3 times.

Does anybody know how good this kid was?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Yeah total waste of talent and has major off field issues with drugs and alcohol. No thanks!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

this guy was good enough to be a 1st round pick if he wouldnt have had problems with smoking weed, and getting drunk in public.

he really blew his chances like a total moron.. we had alot of debate about him around draft time, because there was still alot of thought that he would get drafted early on day 2...

turns out that ALL the teams were seriously concerned about his attitude/addictions.. and the guy literally went from a 1st rounder to undrafted.. all because of his own doing off the field.

i believe he was arrested 2 x for drinking, and busted for weed too..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

I want no part of that crazyiness...No matter how good he is. Teams obviously passed on him for a reason.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i say we grab him and darrell russell and let them room together.

i am sick of having a team full of upstanding citizens.

i want some screw ups like the ones that won the cowboys superbowls! newton, irvin, lett, deion...

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

i want some screw ups like the ones that won the cowboys superbowls! newton, irvin, lett, deion...

winning isnt everything, its the only thing. if everage can even push PP or IR for the FS spot, i would love him to be on this team. i might understand the off the field problems if they were a bit more serious like assault or something, but like everyone says "this is a business."

i am all for everage
            the dude abides

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
              winning isnt everything, its the only thing. if everage can even push PP or IR for the FS spot, i would love him to be on this team. i might understand the off the field problems if they were a bit more serious like assault or something, but like everyone says "this is a business."

i am all for everage
              How many times would you like the guy to be arrested before he shouldn't be touched?!

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                • May 2004

How old is he though? There have been plenty of guys (not just athletes) that have turned around their lives. Why can't he? Maybe he won't but maybe he will. Who knows?

Besides smoking weed and getting drunk isn't as bad as attempted murder like some of these guys.

Plus I'm bias because I'm worried about our FS spot. Not to mention CB depth, LDE and LG.
                Tommy D.
                The Voice of Reason

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                  • May 2004

One guy in sports that turned it around was Caron Butler. He was a serious thug when he was younger with a rap sheet like a phone book. But he turned his life around and is successful. It can happen.
                  Tommy D.
                  The Voice of Reason

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

if TD signs him then i will be all for it.. because i trust that TD wouldnt bring in garbage that would hurt this team.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Who cares about booze and weed? Bring him aboard.

Byrd.

Comment

• wazz
                        • Jan 2004

i think sometimes the right chance, the right team and a player like this guy can really bloom into a great great player. maybe he'll grab the second chance and make the most of it.

I follow the packers a lot because of my dad, and when they won the superbowl, one of the biggest probelms was a so called "trouble player". His name was Andre Rison. Hw was a trouble maker, always doing something worng. came to green bay at the last minute, knuckled down and played SUPERBLY. ESPECIALLY in the superbowl.

sometimes it works out, he undrafted so the money wouldn't be daft if we had to cut him fopr being a disaster, and also as was pointed out, i don't think TD or Mularky would stand for a trouble player. they'll bring him if they think they can ake it work, and we have to trust them
                        www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

They'd really have to sit him in a room and talk to him. I'm willing to forgive a 21 year old kid for being stupid. Lord knows that I had my fair share of trouble at that age. People grow up (hopefully) and get smarter. Heck, even Rasheed Wallace turned around this year, and that paid dividends for the Pistons. Now if they sit there dumbfounded by his stupidity and arrogance then he's not worth it. It's going to have to be a judgement call based on conversation. Hey, you win some, you lose some.

Comment

• ryjam282
                            Offical Billszone Starting QB
                            • Mar 2003

Nice post TedMock, I couldn't agree more.

Ryan Withey
                            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• B-DON
                              hi
                              • Mar 2004

why was randy moss passed up again? exactly!!!! im not saying this guy has moss talent but he was damn good for oklahoma and we all know they always have one hell of a defense. i wanted him right after the draft when he went undrafted. as for the beer and weed, we would only have 3 posters in here if we banned everybody who got drunk or high

Comment

Working...
                              X