Pasquarelli: Still waiting; the rest of the FA's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Pasquarelli: Still waiting; the rest of the FA's.

"You know that old saying about how one man's trash is another man's treasure?" noted one AFC general manager. "Well, what's out there right now is pretty much everyone's trash, to be honest. But there might be three or four players, especially if reality has set in and they're ready to take the minimum (salary), who could still find homes. I mean, you would think somebody will sign (linebacker Jason) Gildon, and a few others, right? There are some guys worth plucking off the scrap heap. Just not many, that's all."

Click for the rest.

A fairly good read on who's left. It says the Zach Bronson visited us. I didn't even know about that. I'd still like to sign him. Does anyone know where Frank Middleton went off too? Also, there is still a bunch of average to decent OL out there, and it may not be a bad idea to pull one in for insurance.

At this point in the Free Agency, we would be able to sign Bronson and/or Gildon for near minimum salary pretty much IMO.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

good read.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

Does anyone think we could have the salary cap room to sign one or both of these guys, sign rookies, andresign Jennings/Schobel/Williams?
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

If there's no free agents worth signing and we're not talking with Jennings, Schobel, or Williams, can someone tell me why we renegotiated Bledsoe's contract and what benefits we're getting from doing so?

Comment

• wazz
          • Jan 2004

long term

If we hadn't we would have had to pay Bledsoe a $7millino bonus and his salary cap figure would have elevated tHROUGH THE ROOF. we talking crazy money by our standards. It was pay him the stupid money after an average season, By him out of the option for $2million, or cut him.

we did the rght thing
          www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• Hermanator21
            Bleed Red, White, and Blue
            • Mar 2004

I think Schobel will be the only one we need to sign. As much as I hate to say it, but I think this is Big Pats last season w/ us...we drafted Tim Anderson and we signed Oliver Gibson (which I think is a very underated pick up)...and I dont think we should give up on Bannan or Edwards yet... neither of them have showed me that they suck and it usually takes about 4-5 years for the blue collar DT's to develope....and Jonas will want buku dollars,which I think somebody will overpay for his services(Atlanta) plus we have the mouse Mcnally to help prepare our next RT..with the assumption that Mike Williams can become what we think he shouild be and be our bookend starting LT for the next 5 years.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Man, remember how high folks were on signing Holmes a couple years back?

Jamie Nails is back out in the unemployment line, I see. I take it he re-eat himself out of a job? For a while he was doing well with Miami.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍