X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Quote of the year from Flowers

No intention to start a debate but I was watching the Empire Sports Report and they were interviewing Eric Flowers. They asked him about his expectations for himself and he came out with this sentence, "I'm not going to pull a Rob and say, oh, the Bills never gave me a chance." I started cracking up. Flowers looks like he is really going to try this year , he knows he is a bust so far he admitted it but he doesn't want to be one. I for one really hope he can shed his bust label.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I don't think he gets it but at the same time if he really got down under 240 last season then he is just too small to play end. Let this guy try to be on OLB if he can't maintain weight. He said a lot of the right things but if weight is that big an issue then he will never make the cut.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Buffarama
      Football-Sport of the Gods
      • Jul 2002

I heard that Rob quote to Cal, I was almost wondering if I really heard it right. Apparantly I did. That locker room last year must have been a tough place to be.

Comment

• Halbert
        I'm Not Normal
        • Jul 2002

Pretty classless thing to say.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Roflmao
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• clumping platelets

Flowers will not make it through TC

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
              Pretty classless thing to say.

Why do you say that? It is refreshing to see an athlete say what is on his mind instead of the politically correct crap that flows from most of their mouths. I hope the guy comes through big this year. Not holding my breath but hoping!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

I agree w/ ya CP. I don't think he's gonna be around for our final PS games either.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

flowers needs to worry about his butt before he spouts off about anybody else.i could see if he were a starter but he's a ham-and-egger.that comment could have been his ticket out of buffalo.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• askabry
                    • Jul 2002

If Flowers is cut, who makes it as a DE? Schobel, Denney, Fisher (? this guy hasn't done anything yet), Irons, Cotton? Ahanatou? We should have at least five DEs on the squad plus the PS, I'd imagine.
                    what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                    • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                    • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                    • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                    • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                    • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                      • Jul 2002

I don't get why some are ripping on Flowers for what he said. Sure he has sucked. Rip him for that. But for saying he was not going to whine and cry like RJ did? What is wrong with that?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

I'm with you on this one. Maybe not involk another ex-team mate, but if you sucked and you admitted it, then good for him.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Yeah at least he had the chutzpah to admit he tried and failed. But I'm with Clump and (gasp) Wys on this, he won't and shouldn't be around for the beginning of the season.
                          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Jas122
                            Starting at Left Out
                            • Jul 2002

Call it like you see it. Did RJ whine like a mule ? Yes. And if anyoe has a right to say something about it, it is anyone who had to deal with the whole thing in the locker room (Flowers being one of them)

I for one would like to see how he does before talking about cutting him. He obviously has come to the realization that things aren't just going to happen for him because he was a hot prospect...lets see if the attitude change helps his performance. After all Jevon Kearse was "too small" and did fine. He (Flowers) is still big enough to admit he hasn't been performing to potential, and that may prove to be more important.
                            "Shhh. Listen. Do you see it?" - Ray (Dan Aykroyd), Ghostbusters

Comment

• Benjudah
                              Shinier than your mom
                              • Jul 2002

I too think some of you are being a little rough on the guy. I think he deserves to get one more shot at being a player for this team....

I don't think that comment was too classless. It wasn't all that nice either. But it definitely doesn't demonstrate any need to kick him off the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X