PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend's Game will be very interesting!

WG
10-30-2002, 10:08 AM
This game will be huge. It was already the biggest game of the year before the season even began. For the Pats it can turnaround their season. For us, similar.

We have a very, very tough schedule after our bye week next week. Cincy should be a gimme, but shame on me for suggesting that. :D

After that, the Jets are playing better than they were when we first played them and they're a road game. K.C. has a more balanced offense than we do and a slightly more potent one too. Their D is comparable to ours. G.B. and S.D. will be tough. G.B. on the road while S.D. is here in Buffalo. N.E. we'll have to play on the road as well. Then Miami when likely they'll be back at full strength. I'm sure they won't toss 4 INTs and fumble twice next time.

3 home games; S.D., Miami, and Cincy

4 road games; Jets, N.E., G.B., and K.C.

Every single one of those teams has outstanding running backs too.

This week's game may likely determine the fate of our entire season. A win and we head into the bye week at 6-3 and totally pumped up. All we'd likely need to win the division would be 4 of seven victories w/ another win over the Phins to secure the division. The Jets are already out of it for the most part although they can still be formidable and the Pats will be out of it w/ a loss this weekend.

A loss however means several things. It means that we have not proven that we can hang w/ the better teams. We really haven't beaten any decent team if you think about it. Chicago, Houston, Detroit, Minnesota, and a severely depleted Miami team that held our O to 16 points nonetheless.

We need this victory against the Pats to demonstrate that we're capable of beating the likes of teams at full strength that we have for 6 of 7 games in our last stretch.

I just hope that the Bills are as pumped up as I'm sure the Pats will be. I'm also really, really hoping the Gilbride calls a better and more balanced game too.

GO BILLS!!!

Novacane
10-30-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I just hope that the Bills are as pumped up as I'm sure the Pats will be. I'm also really, really hoping the Gilbride calls a better and more balanced game too.

GO BILLS!!!

I am sure the Bills are just a pumped as the Pats.

I think KG will also call a much more balanced game this week. The weather is going to dictate it but even more so is the Patriots horrible run defense. I think he will call it like the Houston game. Plenty of Henry

WG
10-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Plenty of Smith too don't forget. Our run D isn't winning any awards even lately while the D has played much better.

I think that whichever team runs the ball more effectively will win this one.

Earthquake Enyart
10-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Smith has looked like crap. I think Bryson and Burns are better.

I just hope KG doesn't outsmart himself going against Belichek.

Novacane
10-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Plenty of Smith too don't forget. Our run D isn't winning any awards even lately while the D has played much better.

I think that whichever team runs the ball more effectively will win this one.

Yeah............probably so. I like thier chances of shutting down AS. D has been getting better against the run. Not where they need to be but improvement is there.

Romes
10-30-2002, 11:22 AM
I noticed that every one of our remaining games will be played in cold weather. From now on its football, Buffalo Style. (ie. heart attack football in the snow) :D