PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo ranked 10th out of 40

tampabay25690
07-16-2004, 12:15 PM
In a recent study that was done by Satelite digital television provider DIRECTV called the "Sports fan Passion Index. Ranks the top 40 cities by the passion of there fans towards there teams.

1 Denver
2 Boston
3 San Fran/Oakland
4 Phili
5 NY/ New Jersey
6 Green bay
7 Chicago
8 Baltimore
9 Cleveland
10 BUFFALO
11 LA

Other notables in this study were
18 Tampa Bay
24 Miami
Last was Nashville

This was just in the Tampa Tribune today I figured you guys would like to see this !!!!!1

don137
07-16-2004, 12:23 PM
I am surprised Green Bay is so low... I am not sure why Boston and Philly are so high. Maybe they factored in being rude and obnoxious...

tampabay25690
07-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by don137
I am surprised Green Bay is so low... I am not sure why Boston and Philly are so high. Maybe they factored in being rude and obnoxious...

Probably because they really only have 1 sport there, where in the other cities there are more then 1 sport..

elltrain22
07-17-2004, 12:16 PM
We should be at least in the top 5, that is crap.

Dozerdog
07-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Any poll that doesn't rank Green Bay #1 can't be taken seriously.
You can rob that place blind an any Sunday home game. Hell- over 4,000 citizens of Green Bay OWN THE TEAM

The Patriots aren't even #1 in their own city. In the midst of an 11 game win streak, the Patriots were pushed off TV and radio for the A-Rod snipe hunt.

tampabay25690
07-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Red SOx are definitely#1 in the Mass area

Dozerdog
07-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I misread the poll- fooled by Green Bay- they are judging all sports, not NFL.

If that were the case- Buffalo is getting a generous nod at 11. We don't support the hockey team with sellouts very well- and if the Football team is knowingly going to struggle on the field (2001) the fans don't sell out the Ralph.

And we are the cheapest date in the leage- some of the lowest prices anywhere

bledslow
07-18-2004, 04:26 PM
mass has tons of fan passion-plus its a lil harder to sell out everything when theres 4 major pro sports team in one lil state- sox and pats are pretty close,it depends on which demographic you ask, the above 40 crowd most likely will say pats,the 20's something crowd will probably pick the pats in terms of which team they have more passion for. larry and the celtics were king around here in the 80's and very early 90's and sox were 2nd,and at times 3rd behind the bruins. the whole its justa sox town or mainly just a sox town is very false.

wazz
07-18-2004, 05:07 PM
it's pretty good. Philly up the top? i know it's all sports but they should be lowered by therit football. They are gREAT fans when they are winning, but they are dso quick to get out its stupid!

Bills have world wide support :D

SABURZFAN
07-18-2004, 06:15 PM
i'm sorry but San Francisco has lousy fans.PERIOD!!!!!!!!!Raiders fans carry a lot of clout in oakland because the A's don't draw well.

The_Philster
07-18-2004, 06:18 PM
:D
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i'm sorry but San Francisco has lousy fans.PERIOD!!!!!!!!!Ra
Think that has anything to do with all the :limp: :idunno:

SABURZFAN
07-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:D
Think that has anything to do with all the :limp: :idunno:

No.i went to the Bills-49ers games when they clubbed us 35-0.it started raining like a son of a ***** and people got up to leave.after the game,we're standing out in the parking lot drinking with water nearly up to our ankles.

tampabay25690
07-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I misread the poll- fooled by Green Bay- they are judging all sports, not NFL.

If that were the case- Buffalo is getting a generous nod at 11. We don't support the hockey team with sellouts very well- and if the Football team is knowingly going to struggle on the field (2001) the fans don't sell out the Ralph.

And we are the cheapest date in the leage- some of the lowest prices anywhere

I will be honest with you I have lived in Florida now for almost 2 years, and there are more Buffalo fans in the Tampa area then there is any other sports team BESIDES TAMPA sports.....You have to remember the amount of people that have moved from the Buffalo area in the past 10 years. That why being such a small city we have so much digtity towards are teams.....

Just think how many of us guys that don't live in Buffalo anymore, how many of us would probably have seaon TIX for the Bills probablay 90% of us at least............But you are right alot of the people that still live in Buffalo will only support the Sabres or Bills when they are winning!!!!! But thats sports!!!!!! Im pretty happy at 11.............

tampabay25690
07-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by bledslow
mass has tons of fan passion-plus its a lil harder to sell out everything when theres 4 major pro sports team in one lil state- sox and pats are pretty close,it depends on which demographic you ask, the above 40 crowd most likely will say pats,the 20's something crowd will probably pick the pats in terms of which team they have more passion for. larry and the celtics were king around here in the 80's and very early 90's and sox were 2nd,and at times 3rd behind the bruins. the whole its justa sox town or mainly just a sox town is very false.

I still think Red Sox is the #1 team in Boston all the people I know that live there say the same thing!!!!!!

Pride
07-19-2004, 07:54 AM
its because they are the NEW ENGLAND pats, not the Boston Patriots.

BuffaloRanger
07-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Don't get spun up about this. Look who did this study. DirecTV. What was the criteria in deciding the "sports fan passion"?

I'd bet it has something to do with the amount of Sports packages ordered from DirecTV in those cities.