• Show
Clear All
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Hockey Story # 1 - Danton pleads guilty to murder plot

Jul. 16, 2004. 01:55 PM
    Danton pleads guilty to murder plot
    Former Blues player Mike Danton admitts to planning to hire someone to kill his agent

ASSOCIATED PRESS

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. - Former St. Louis Blues player Mike Danton admitted in U.S. federal court today that he sought to have his agent killed as part of a plot that unravelled when the would-be hit man turned out to be a police informant.
    Danton, who was to have been tried in September with co-defendant Katie Wolfmeyer and was scheduled for a pre-trial hearing next week, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to cause a person to travel in interstate commerce to commit murder.

As part of a deal with prosecutors, the U.S. government dropped a related charge of making a telephone call in connection with a murder-for-hire plot.

Sentencing was set for Oct. 22. Danton, a native of Brampton, could face seven to 10 years in prison and up to $250,000 US in fines.

Story
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Isn't that the wacko agent that has turned his players into like disciples of his?

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

that's messed up. THere must have been so much evidence against him that he is hoping for a lighter sentence for admitting it. freakin' scary.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

He probably didn't want all the homo stuff to come out in court

Comment

Working...
        X