PDA

View Full Version : Bills Wide Receivers Ready for Big Year

The Spaz
07-20-2004, 07:07 PM
The Buffalo Bills passing game was inconsistent last year after injuries and loss of personnel made it difficult to find a rhythm. Drew Bledsoe struggled, throwing more interceptions than touchdowns, but that should all change this season.

The Bills focused on offense in April's draft, spending five of their six picks on the struggling unit. They also hired a former offensive coordinator as their new head coach in Mike Mularkey.

They drafted wide receiver Lee Evans out of Wisconsin in the first round to add some speed to their aerial attack. Evans dominated the Big Ten Conference last year, including one game where he scored five touchdowns against the Michigan State Spartans. Evans should extend the field with his speed and give Bledsoe an additional deep threat.

"I'm hoping to get this offense back to where it was before," Evans said. "I feel like I can really help out this team and make some big plays down the field."

Josh Reed should also have a big year for the Bills. He struggled at times last season due to the amount of double coverage he faced. With Eric Moulds tending to a groin injury, many defenses focused on Reed making it difficult for him to find holes in the secondary. Now that Moulds is healthy, Reed should face more single coverage and win most of those battles.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2589