PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Already Showing Leadership

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Cornerback Troy Vincent has only been a Buffalo Bill for a few months, but he has already made a positive impact as a leader on and off the field. The former Philadelphia Eagle signed with the Bills this off-season through free agency. He will fill the starting role vacated by Antoine Winfield's departure to Minnesota.

Vincent won't just be a presence between the sidelines, he'll be a presence in the locker room as well. Throughout his career, Vincent has been hailed as a team leader, motivator, and mentor.

"I'm a leader by nature," Vincent said. "I have evolved as a leader, but football is a constant team sport. I've always been the guy, so to say, that go to guy. I am only as good as the person that I am next to. I like to lead by example."

Vincent should also help a young Bills secondary get more interceptions. Over his 12-year career, Vincent has 42 picks. The Bills defense only recorded 10 all of last season. His experience and leadership should lead to more turnovers by a unit that finished second overall in the NFL last year.

While his numbers prove he is one of the best cover men in the league, he has also built a reputation for himself as one of the league's most respected players.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2595

ryjam282
07-21-2004, 09:41 AM
:up: