PDA

View Full Version : Answer Me Honestly...

ryyyan24
07-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Being a huge Dolphin fan I have been brought up to dislike all Bill fans, but forget about that. I'm just hear to talk about the AFC EAST and the Bills and Dolphin games this season.

Honestly, where do you guys see your season going...Do you really think that you are going to make the playoffs or be a strong SB contender or what. I see the Dolphins definately making the playoffs and probably the Patriots too. I think you guys are probably gonna have to wait 1 or 2 years before yuor back in the playoffs. What do you guys think.

ryjam282
07-21-2004, 10:03 AM
I really think that will the Dolphins putrid OL and there QB situation that they could ultimately have some problems. I think there D and the WR's are going to be just fine. I really don't see them making the playoffs again but solely on the things I stated above.

As for the Bills, I can honestly say that if we don't have any significant injuries I can see us making it to the playoffs but losing the first game. We have plenty of talent at key position on both sides of the ball and not to mention some key positions in the final year of there contract so they will be definitely giving there all to get the cash they deserve.

I think the Dolphins will struggle a little bit this year as there big names on D get another year older and the Ogunlyeye thing will be tough to bounce back from.

LtBillsFan66
07-21-2004, 10:09 AM
I think we had the talent, but not the coaching to go to the playoffs last year.

Who knows this year. We still have the talent. And the coaching is new and unproven.

Novacane
07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Honestly? I don't think either the phins or the bills will make the playoffs this year.

saviorbledsoe
07-21-2004, 10:32 AM
What makes you so confident dude? Your team didnt exactly make the playoffs the last couple of years either.

Philagape
07-21-2004, 10:37 AM
I think the Bills are more of a contender than the Dolphins are. They have more questions than we do.

Michael82
07-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
What makes you so confident dude? Your team didnt exactly make the playoffs the last couple of years either.

:snicker:

Originally posted by Philagape
I think the Bills are more of a contender than the Dolphins are. They have more questions than we do.

:rofl: So true. :D

Ebenezer
07-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Honestly? I don't think either the phins or the bills will make the playoffs this year.

I agree.

qcsabresfan84
07-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Since the bills dont have a QB controversy, they are already better-off than the dolphins. Free agency ate at your defense, but it helped ours. Bills have an overall more talented team, but the coaches could ruin that all just like last year. Wannestedt has more experience, and if he doesn't make the playoffs this year he's gonna be gone. Miami will be dissapointing with an 8-8 season. Buffalo could range anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 depending on how the new coaching works.

saviorbledsoe
07-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
Since the bills dont have a QB controversy, they are already better-off than the dolphins. Free agency ate at your defense, but it helped ours. Bills have an overall more talented team, but the coaches could ruin that all just like last year. Wannestedt has more experience, and if he doesn't make the playoffs this year he's gonna be gone. Miami will be dissapointing with an 8-8 season. Buffalo could range anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 depending on how the new coaching works.

i would agree with that

Historian
07-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Both are roughly 8-8 teams. Both could conceivably get a ball bounce or a referee call that drops them to either to 7-9, or vaults them to 9-7 and possibly a playoff spot.

The difference I see, is that Miami is a team on their way down in progression, as opposed to Buffalo, which has hit bottom, and is on an upward climb.

Cntrygal
07-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ryyyan24
Being a huge Dolphin fan I have been brought up to dislike all Bill fans, but forget about that. I'm just hear to talk about the AFC EAST and the Bills and Dolphin games this season.

Honestly, where do you guys see your season going...Do you really think that you are going to make the playoffs or be a strong SB contender or what. I see the Dolphins definately making the playoffs and probably the Patriots too. I think you guys are probably gonna have to wait 1 or 2 years before yuor back in the playoffs. What do you guys think.

Welcome... and for the record... I hate miami.

Seriously though... how can you believe that you guys are a sure thing for the playoffs and the Patriots are a "maybe"?

Goobylal
07-21-2004, 01:14 PM
The Bills lost 4 games last year by 4 or fewer points, all within the last few minutes of the game, and all after Moulds went down with an injury. Had they had a healthy Moulds, they would have won all 4. Had they had a competent coaching staff and Moulds was still injured, they would have won at least 2. This year Moulds is healthy, the depth has been improved, and most of all, they have some good coaches, so I can easily see a playoff berth, assuming no major injuries hit them.

As for the Dols, they haven't made the playoffs the past 2 seasons, and got worse over the off-season thanks to adding 2 new QB's who will create ripples, as well as signing a bunch of OL, with the projected OL being comprised of 5 guys who have never played together before. They also added a headcase in David Boston, and Ogun WILL sit-out for the 1st 10 games of the season, unless he's dealt, in which case the Dols STILL won't have him for most of the season.

Throne Logic
07-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Oddly enough, I see the same big question mark for both teams. Although there are a number of other questions on each team, one factor will have the greatest influence over how far each team goes in 2004.

O-Line.

Each Defense is more than capable of handling their side of the game. Each team has accomplished RB's to hand off to. Each team has a servicable QB who isn't going to win games without help.

O-lines baby. It all starts in the trenches.

Prediction: NE makes the playoffs. Whichever team has a better O-Line out of Buffalo and Miami fights it out for the Wild Card.

Our division is going to beat up each other again, unfortunatley.

PhinsFan72170
07-21-2004, 03:07 PM
i agree with you ryyan..i am too from finheaven..there i am known as Admiral...i see that Fiedler will once again make it to be the Starting QB and he will work harder than ever to get us into the playoffs this year...
.and regarding our O-line...it couldnt be worse than last year

tampabay25690
07-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ryyyan24

I don't know what the hell the Dolphin players have been doing in South Beach but it seems like the team has alot of drama around them this year and way to many distractions.....I don't think the Dolphins will make the playoffs at all...

Cntrygal
07-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Oddly enough, I see the same big question mark for both teams. Although there are a number of other questions on each team, one factor will have the greatest influence over how far each team goes in 2004.

O-Line.

Each Defense is more than capable of handling their side of the game. Each team has accomplished RB's to hand off to. Each team has a servicable QB who isn't going to win games without help.

O-lines baby. It all starts in the trenches.

Prediction: NE makes the playoffs. Whichever team has a better O-Line out of Buffalo and Miami fights it out for the Wild Card.

Our division is going to beat up each other again, unfortunatley.

good post!

Originally posted by Cntrygal
Welcome... and for the record... I hate miami.

Seriously though... how can you believe that you guys are a sure thing for the playoffs and the Patriots are a "maybe"?

Since you agree with him... can you answer the question I asked?

(btw... welcome)

Mr. Cynical
07-21-2004, 08:06 PM
IMO, Bills will go 7-9, maybe 8-8. No playoffs until JP is playing and the Oline/Dline are legit. Maybe wild card in '05, but '06 is the year we make a real impact.

Samphin1
07-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84

I wouldn't exactly say free agency ate at our defense. The only starter we lost was Brock Marion who is being replaced by faster, younger players in Freeman and Edwards. Everyone else is a returning starter. O-gun is the only main sticking point on the defense, and our D-line has quality depth. Lets face it, Miami doesn't revolve around O-gun either. Thomas, T. Bowens, Taylor, Surtain, and Madison are the glue of this defense.

The Bills have a good defense too, but you are plain misinformed if you think we were "eaten" away at during free agency.

Samphin1
07-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal
The Bills lost 4 games last year by 4 or fewer points, all within the last few minutes of the game, and all after Moulds went down with an injury. Had they had a healthy Moulds, they would have won all 4. Had they had a competent coaching staff and Moulds was still injured, they would have won at least 2. This year Moulds is healthy, the depth has been improved, and most of all, they have some good coaches, so I can easily see a playoff berth, assuming no major injuries hit them.

As for the Dols, they haven't made the playoffs the past 2 seasons, and got worse over the off-season thanks to adding 2 new QB's who will create ripples, as well as signing a bunch of OL, with the projected OL being comprised of 5 guys who have never played together before. They also added a headcase in David Boston, and Ogun WILL sit-out for the 1st 10 games of the season, unless he's dealt, in which case the Dols STILL won't have him for most of the season.

So? Miami lost 3 games by 6 points or less, on in overtime. Had Mare made a couple of his kicks, and Wade Smith made one block, we would have been 13-3 and won the division ( since one of those loses was against New England ). Secondly, We added ONE new QB, not two. Also, our o-line sucked last year, so we got a brand new one, and you criticize? The Bills o-line sucked last year two, and you keep 45's and get rid of the only probowler on the line. Yet, you guys are geniuses. It seems to me you guys use the same argument when talking coaches. Yours sucked so you got a new one and everythign is great. Wanny sucks but we keep him so we are damned. Use the same argument for your line.

Boston was somewhat of a headcase on other teams, but since his arrival here, he has been outstanding. He has lost the weight asked of him, runs great routes and catches dman near everything. We took a flier on another "headcase" in Ricky Williams and well, we all know how good he turned out to be.

The O-gun situation is difficult. However, the defense isn't built around him, it is built around others, so losing him hurts less than say, Taylor, Thomas, T. Bowens, Madison and Surtain.

Samphin1
07-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282

I think the Dolphins will struggle a little bit this year as there big names on D get another year older and the Ogunlyeye thing will be tough to bounce back from.

Pssssssst. Big names on every team's Defense get older. It is called aging. Also, since you guys signed Gildon, it actually makes your team's average age older than Miami's. The O-gun situation stings a bit, but we have weathered departures from the line opposite of Taylor before and been quite succseful.

I fail to see how are O-line is putrid seeing how they are a new squad. Your line was putrid last year too, and you guys kept 4/5's of it and dropped the only pro bowler from the line.

Demon
07-22-2004, 03:02 AM
I honestly think our offense could be something awsome if everything clicks but that being said, i think our offense can really flop.

What if McGahee stuggles? Lee Evens makes rookie mistakes and doesn't turn into a solid WR in his first season? And what if Bledsoe plays like Bledsoe of last season?

Our offense could be great but it could be even worse then last year also. I think our defense is going to be rock solid though, esspicially adding Gildon. And even though I loved Winfield, i think Vincent will have a bigger impact on the field then Winfield did.

saviorbledsoe
07-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1

I fail to see how are O-line is putrid seeing how they are a new squad. Your line was putrid last year too, and you guys kept 4/5's of it and dropped the only pro bowler from the line.

Our line wasnt that "putrid." It was excellant in run blocking and struggled in pass blocking due mainly to bad play calling and Drew holding the ball too long. Keeping 4/5 of the line is a good thing since it takes time for a line to gel. We now have Mcnally to fix the line and an offensive guru in Malarkey to simplify the plays and have Drew getting the ball out quicker, not to mention the speedy Lee Evans to stretch the Defense and a 2 headed monster at RB to have the LBs and DBs more than respecting the run so we can set up the playaction. All in all, it sounds pretty damn good to me!

Goobylal
07-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
So? Miami lost 3 games by 6 points or less, on in overtime. Had Mare made a couple of his kicks, and Wade Smith made one block, we would have been 13-3 and won the division ( since one of those loses was against New England ). Secondly, We added ONE new QB, not two. Also, our o-line sucked last year, so we got a brand new one, and you criticize? The Bills o-line sucked last year two, and you keep 45's and get rid of the only probowler on the line. Yet, you guys are geniuses. It seems to me you guys use the same argument when talking coaches. Yours sucked so you got a new one and everythign is great. Wanny sucks but we keep him so we are damned. Use the same argument for your line.
First off, where were the Dols' problems last year? They were on offense and with the O-line, as well as play-calling/head coaching. So in the off-season, they lose a top OC and replace him with their RB coach, and then with their TE coach, who has never been an OC before. Now while there are other former OC's on-board (Trestman and Sullivan), none were successful in that capacity in the past, and both look to be angling for the OC'ing gig themselves, which is NOT a good situation. And as for the O-line, just because the Dols have gotten 4 new starters (whoever they may be) does not mean they got better, and since none of them have played together before, it will take awhile for them to jell. Those my friend are the major problems I see with your offense. Furthermore you still have Wanny, whose poor play-calling has sunk the Dols the past 2 years. It's apparent you think that the coaches are fine and it's just the players. I'm of the opposite bent and point to the Patriots as proof of what coaching canm do for you.

As for the Bills, where were their problems? Again they were mostly on offense, especially the O-line, play-calling, and injuries, and at head coach. So in the off-season they fire their head coach and offensive coaches, and replace them with mostly proven guys. True Clements has never been an OC, but he has Mularkey who HAS been a successful OC, with whom to collaborate. There's also Sam Wyche who is an offensive guru, who will help Clements out with the offense, Mularkey with head coaching duties (and Wyche has said himself that his time as a HC has come and gone, so there's no worry about him taking Mularkey's job), and who will tutor the QB's. They'll also get Moulds back healthy, added needed speed in Lee Evans, will get McGahee, and most importantly will have real OL coaching, unlike the past decade of failures at that position.

Boston was somewhat of a headcase on other teams, but since his arrival here, he has been outstanding. He has lost the weight asked of him, runs great routes and catches dman near everything. We took a flier on another "headcase" in Ricky Williams and well, we all know how good he turned out to be.
Boston seemed fine when he first joined the Chargers. And as for Williams, he had social anxiety disorder and started treatment. As far as I know, Boston has been treated for HIS problem.

The O-gun situation is difficult. However, the defense isn't built around him, it is built around others, so losing him hurts less than say, Taylor, Thomas, T. Bowens, Madison and Surtain. [/QUOTE]
The defense is built around your D-line, and Ogun is an important part of it. Without someone who can draw more attention at LDE, the other DL get more attention.

Samphin1
07-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal
First off, where were the Dols' problems last year? They were on offense and with the O-line, as well as play-calling/head coaching. So in the off-season, they lose a top OC and replace him with their RB coach, and then with their TE coach, who has never been an OC before. Now while there are other former OC's on-board (Trestman and Sullivan), none were successful in that capacity in the past, and both look to be angling for the OC'ing gig themselves, which is NOT a good situation. And as for the O-line, just because the Dols have gotten 4 new starters (whoever they may be) does not mean they got better, and since none of them have played together before, it will take awhile for them to jell. Those my friend are the major problems I see with your offense. Furthermore you still have Wanny, whose poor play-calling has sunk the Dols the past 2 years. It's apparent you think that the coaches are fine and it's just the players. I'm of the opposite bent and point to the Patriots as proof of what coaching canm do for you.

Well, you couldn't be more wrong. Personally, I think Wanny is a terrible coach and part of the reason we didn't make the playoffs two years ago. To say Trestman wasn't succseful as an OC is laughable at best. Under his tutelage, The Raiders went to the Super Bowl and Gannon won the MVP of the league. But I suppose that proves less succesful than Mularkey. I don't see how you can say changing your horrible coaching was a good move but us changing our horrible line wasn't. Also, that needing time to gel crap? It is just that. Two years ago we through a line together that consisted of Mark Dixon playing out of position, Jaime Nails, Tim Ruddy, Todd Perry and Todd Wade. They worked great together and ended up blocking for the leading rusher in the NFL and giving up like the second most amount of sacks. This was without that lineup playing together in those positions previously. Speed up to last year, Same line with one new guy ( kind of like the Bills situation now) and the line was horrible. So much for "gelling" Jeno James is an upgrade over Nails, McKinney is cheaper and better than Ruddy, Carey should have some growing pains but he is a top rookie, WadeSmith keeps improving and improving and Greg Jerman is getting as much praise as everyone else. I don't discount that I am not concerned about the O-line, I just don't see how you can say yours isn't any less of a question mark than ours.

The defense is built around your D-line, and Ogun is an important part of it. Without someone who can draw more attention at LDE, the other DL get more attention. [/B][/QUOTE]

Defense is built around the secondary. In case you haven't noticed, the Dolpins have probably the most talented group of DB's and safeties in the league. I truly believe that. Madison, Surtain, Reggie Howard, Poole (unproven rookie but talented nonetheless) Knight, Freeman, Edwards, Bell.

The d-line benefits from the coverage our secondary gives. In fact, about half of O-gun's sacks were coverage sacks. Taylor has benefitted as well. The role of our DT's is simple. Take up as many blockers as you can so that Zach Thomas and the DE's can run wild. As long as Tim Bowens and Larry Chester take up at least two blocker ( sometimes three, they are big big boys ), the DE's will only have to beat man coverage and the linebackers and DB's are free to do their worst. Seeing how Jason Taylor will probably never get single covered, you assume he takes up the LT and LG. Bowens and Chester take up the Center and Right Guard usually and a lot of times, a blocking back. That leaves the RT by his lonesome to cover O-gun/Bowens. Combines with a talented secondary and decent pass covering LB's, Seau not withstanding, and you have a recipe for succes. Anyhow, this is a long message so I will end it here. Just had to straighten a few things out.