PDA

View Full Version : Rookie hopes to crack Bills' roster

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Mark Graham has no illusions about what lies ahead.

The 23 year old was signed by the National Football League’s Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent after a stellar four-year college career with the University of Buffalo Bulls.

So, there are no guarantees of a roster spot for the Monroe, Mich., native, much less playing time. He knows the Bills rolled the dice on him, hoping to have found a diamond in the rough in their own backyard.

Graham hopes to show them they did just that.

“I have a great opportunity to make this team and be a part of it this year,” Graham said Sunday during the Charmaine Reid charity golf tournament in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

As a strong safety with the Bulls, Graham finished tied for third in career solo tackles with 182 and was ninth in overall tackles at 266. His 12 career interceptions tied him for fourth in UB history.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentID=73888&catname=Sports

Ebenezer
07-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Good Luck....in the next training camp.

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Good Luck....in the next training camp.

You never give any udfa any chance do you?

Jan Reimers
07-21-2004, 01:05 PM
With our group of safeties, Graham has a better shot to at least land on the practice squad than an undrafted WR, RB, DT or LB.

Goobylal
07-21-2004, 01:06 PM
I hope the kids makes it. He seems to have the work ethic, and some good measureables. In any case, he won't start this year with Milloy around, and I wish he'd been a FS candidate instead.

Ebenezer
07-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You never give any udfa any chance do you?

hardly ever...sorry...got to bet the percentages...conservative ya know!

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
I hope the kids makes it. He seems to have the work ethic, and some good measureables. In any case, he won't start this year with Milloy around, and I wish he'd been a FS candidate instead.

Rashad Baker is a FS candidate.:up:

Goobylal
07-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Rashad Baker is a FS candidate.:up:
Yeah I know. I'm pulling for him as well. I just thought the more competition, the better the chances of finding a good FS.

DraftBoy
07-21-2004, 02:53 PM
I like this kid and Baker!