PDA

View Full Version : Gildon Officially Signs with Bills

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Less than two weeks before the team's 2004 training camp opens Buffalo bolstered its pass rush by adding linebacker Jason Gildon.

Gildon, who was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers for salary-cap reasons in early June, has officially signed a contract to play with the Bills.

A two-time Pro Bowl linebacker, Gildon spent 10 years in Pittsburgh and recorded a team record 77 career sacks while only missing two games.

Gildon was pleased with what he saw and heard from the Bills organization during his visit on June 15.

"They're very optimistic on the upcoming season," Gildon told the media. "Not only did I talk to Takeo Spikes, but I talked to Travis Henry. He shared with me some of his thoughts from last year and he thought they definitely will be better this year, offensively."

Statistically, the third-round pick by the Steelers in 1994 had his best season in 2000 when he recorded a career-high 13.5 sacks and 87 tackles in route to his first Pro Bowl. He earned his second all-star trip the following year when he finished with 12 sacks and 65 tackles.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2598

bills_7
07-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks Buddy :beers:

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
Thanks Buddy :beers:

:up::beers:

Demon
07-22-2004, 02:56 AM
I love this move. I think our pass rush will be excellent this season and we already had a great defense, the addition of Jason Gildon just makes it much better. I love the quote where he says that TKO and Henry are pumped for the season and they have alot of motivation to do well. That pumps me up that much more !