PDA

View Full Version : Eddie George Released

BillsRockSOMUCH
07-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Well I haven't seen it posted yet so here you go.

TITANS' ALL-TIME LEADING RUSHER NEEDS JOB
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Eddie George's career with the Tennessee Titans is over.

The team granted George's request Wednesday and released the franchise's all-time leading rusher -- a move forced by salary cap pressures and perhaps George's declining skills.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1843937)

The Natrix
07-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Let's scoop him up!

Release Bledsoe to free up the cap space. :up:

Halbert
07-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Dallas

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Dallas

I heard Philly?:idunno:

Philagape
07-21-2004, 10:11 PM
The Titans have agreed to terms with Antowain Smith, according to the Tennessean. (I don't have a link; I saw it on the wire at work today)

OpIv37
07-21-2004, 10:23 PM
I hate the Titans with a passion and I'm happy to see they lost Kearse and George. Did NE cut Smith when they signed Dillon?

The Spaz
07-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
I hate the Titans with a passion and I'm happy to see they lost Kearse and George. Did NE cut Smith when they signed Dillon?

I think they actually cut him before.:oj:

I'M A BELIEVER
07-22-2004, 07:43 AM
I heard Philly too......but don't rule out Oakland or Dallas.

But I was thinking Cincy or Houston

Tatonka
07-22-2004, 07:50 AM
well.. i would say that this makes chris brown a viable fantasy stud.. or potential fantasy stud i should say.

he will inherit the starter spot.. and played very well at the end of last year.

eddie george will go somewhere like philly and try and screw up westbrooks shot at being a fantasy stud.. or else he will end up in tampa or oakland, where they already have about 14 RBs each on their roster..

Philly Zoner
07-22-2004, 10:49 AM
My guess is Philly, who could really use him. Westbrook can't hack it alone, he's barely 200 lbs and gets hurt easy. He'd get the same/better opportunities he did last year even if George signs. Buckhalter would be the odd man.

I like Westbrook, was at Villanova for two of his years there, but he can't take the carries necessary to be a real fantasy stud. and buckhalter is only mediocre, so Philly seems like a good place for George to spend his golden years sharing time

I agree w/the Chris Brown pick, he could put up some good numbers

ryjam282
07-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I have been reading Oakland as well, which is funny cause I heard if they do get him, they will release Hambrick and possibly Famous Amos as well, but I really want to see what Justin Fargas can do there...Oh well, I would like to see Chris Brown excel there but he got dinged up last year in minimal work so I am not sure about him yet....As far as Dallas goes, I think they are sold on Julius Jones...But, you never know.

Michael82
07-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I think he'll be a Raider.

HAMMER
07-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
well.. i would say that this makes chris brown a viable fantasy stud.. or potential fantasy stud i should say.

he will inherit the starter spot.. and played very well at the end of last year.

eddie george will go somewhere like philly and try and screw up westbrooks shot at being a fantasy stud.. or else he will end up in tampa or oakland, where they already have about 14 RBs each on their roster..

Tatonka, what is all this talk about fantasies and studs? You ssssavage!

The Spaz
07-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Tatonka, what is all this talk about fantasies and studs? You ssssavage!

:rofl::lol:

Gunzlingr
07-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Moved to NFL forum.

Demon
07-23-2004, 12:11 AM
I heard tonight on Sports Center that George is talking with the Cowboys about a 2 year deal. They said the deal should be official soon.