• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsRockSOMUCH
    Exhausted of Losing
    • Mar 2004

Eddie George Released

Well I haven't seen it posted yet so here you go.

TITANS' ALL-TIME LEADING RUSHER NEEDS JOB
    Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Eddie George's career with the Tennessee Titans is over.

The team granted George's request Wednesday and released the franchise's all-time leading rusher -- a move forced by salary cap pressures and perhaps George's declining skills.

More...
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Let's scoop him up!

Release Bledsoe to free up the cap space.

Byrd.

Comment

• Halbert
      I'm Not Normal
      • Jul 2002

Dallas

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Halbert
        Dallas
        I heard Philly?

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The Titans have agreed to terms with Antowain Smith, according to the Tennessean. (I don't have a link; I saw it on the wire at work today)
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I hate the Titans with a passion and I'm happy to see they lost Kearse and George. Did NE cut Smith when they signed Dillon?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I hate the Titans with a passion and I'm happy to see they lost Kearse and George. Did NE cut Smith when they signed Dillon?
              I think they actually cut him before.

Comment

• I'M A BELIEVER
                • Jun 2004

I heard Philly too......but don't rule out Oakland or Dallas.

But I was thinking Cincy or Houston
                Men are clinging to football on a level we aren't even aware of. For centuries, we ruled everything, and now, in the last ten minutes, there are all these incursions by women. It's our Alamo. ~Tony Kornheiser
                =========================
                I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body. ~Dave Barry

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

well.. i would say that this makes chris brown a viable fantasy stud.. or potential fantasy stud i should say.

he will inherit the starter spot.. and played very well at the end of last year.

eddie george will go somewhere like philly and try and screw up westbrooks shot at being a fantasy stud.. or else he will end up in tampa or oakland, where they already have about 14 RBs each on their roster..
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philly Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

My guess is Philly, who could really use him. Westbrook can't hack it alone, he's barely 200 lbs and gets hurt easy. He'd get the same/better opportunities he did last year even if George signs. Buckhalter would be the odd man.

I like Westbrook, was at Villanova for two of his years there, but he can't take the carries necessary to be a real fantasy stud. and buckhalter is only mediocre, so Philly seems like a good place for George to spend his golden years sharing time

I agree w/the Chris Brown pick, he could put up some good numbers

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

I have been reading Oakland as well, which is funny cause I heard if they do get him, they will release Hambrick and possibly Famous Amos as well, but I really want to see what Justin Fargas can do there...Oh well, I would like to see Chris Brown excel there but he got dinged up last year in minimal work so I am not sure about him yet....As far as Dallas goes, I think they are sold on Julius Jones...But, you never know.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I think he'll be a Raider.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          well.. i would say that this makes chris brown a viable fantasy stud.. or potential fantasy stud i should say.

he will inherit the starter spot.. and played very well at the end of last year.

eddie george will go somewhere like philly and try and screw up westbrooks shot at being a fantasy stud.. or else he will end up in tampa or oakland, where they already have about 14 RBs each on their roster..
                          Tatonka, what is all this talk about fantasies and studs? You ssssavage!

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            Tatonka, what is all this talk about fantasies and studs? You ssssavage!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Moved to NFL forum.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X