X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Gildon moves to comfort zone

Jason Gildon had other options, but his familiarity with coach Mike Mularkey was a deciding factor in signing with the Buffalo Bills.

Mularkey was an assistant coach in Pittsburgh for eight of Gildon's 10 seasons with the Steelers. Gildon was drafted in the third round out of Oklahoma State in 1994, when Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe was the Steelers' director of football operations.

"It always helps to see a familiar face," Gildon said Wednesday after signing his contract. "Being able to come into a situation where I know the head coach and basically know the coaches here already, it was a comfortable situation."

Gildon, who was released by the Steelers last month for salary cap reasons, also talked to the Green Bay Packers and Cincinnati Bengals. It is believed Gildon's one-year contract is worth about $1.25 million and includes a $500,000 signing bonus, plus incentives.

• saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Chris Brown of the BillsDigest did a Q&A on the Bills message boards and said that Gildon did NOT recieive a 500,000 signing bonus and is in no way a lock to make the squad.

hmmmmmmmmm?????????????

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
      Chris Brown of the BillsDigest did a Q&A on the Bills message boards and said that Gildon did NOT recieive a 500,000 signing bonus and is in no way a lock to make the squad.

hmmmmmmmmm?????????????
      I don't see Gildon NOT making the team. He'll be a starter on Day 1 unless he's out of shape but even then he'll get back into form in training camp. I think he's the type of player we needed and i'm very happy that we signed him up.

I doubt he gets cut though.
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞