X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomdonahoe
    • May 2004

Gildon a lock to make roster?

Chris Brown of Bills Digest said that he wasn't so sure that Gildon would even make the squad. His sources tell him that the signing bonus was very small and the contract is laced with incentives.

I think I may agree with him. My buddy is a diehard Steelers fans and he loves Gildon but said his speed was his best weapon and it is just not there anymore. In addition, the roster spots on this years squad are going to more valuable than ever. This team is going to have at least four very difficult cuts to make, most notably the TE and wide receiver position.

It should be interesting. What do you guys think?
    Tommy D.
    The Voice of Reason
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Chris Brown either a) knows something very surprising to me or b) needs to step away from the crack pipe.

Unless Gildon has fallen WAY off, he makes the team. it wasn't expensive and aside froma pass rush he still is better than any of our backup LB's. I'd be STUNNED if he got cut.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

he makes this squad.. no question.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• capitolneal
        • Sep 2003

Not only does he make the sqaud he starts instead of Posey
        he has a chip on his shoulder and has that I'll show you attitude
        he is an improvement over posey, I can't wait until we line up on
        Sundays

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

Cap', that's a bold statement. I don't think we'll see that. But, if we do, that just means that Gildon's still got something left and I'll be happy to try it out. Worst case scenario is that Posey gets the job back.

Either guy will have a good year. Our offense should be improved enough so that teams have to play honestly, instead of conservatively the entire game. That should mean an improved pass rush, regardless of the name in the spot.
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

For that price and considering the proven depth (or lack of) that there is at LB Gildon is a steal.

I'm still not convinced he's the magic answer to our problems of generating pressure from that side but he's a good addition nonetheless.

Comment

• tomdonahoe
              • May 2004

I don't think its such a no brainer like you guys make it sound. Chances are that he will make the roster but the point is that it is going to be alot difficult cuts this year. Just look at the TE & WR position.
              Tommy D.
              The Voice of Reason

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

I agree there will be some tough cuts, but I can definitely say that Antonio Brown is gone but Gildon definitely makes the squad.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

What's the difficult cut at TE?

We have last year's starter, a 4th round pick, and then a battle between an undrafted free agent and a guy from the practice squad last year? 3 TE's is normally standard, and we'll be cutting someone that was passed over by everyone, I don't see that as a difficult cut.

Same with WR ... Moulds, Reed, Shaw, Evans, and then a bunch of unproven people. What's the difficulty?

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i dont think TE is tough at all either..

campbell is the starter.. euhaus is a lock.. and peters has looked great and probably offers more versatillity than neufield.. but worst case.. peters makes the practice squad.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

wr is another thing...

i see them keeping 6..

moulds
                      evans
                      reed
                      shaw
                      aiken
                      coleman

the rest are cut or PS.

Comment

• bills_7
                        TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                        • Mar 2004

Brown will stay.... i can maybe see them keeping 7 or putting coleman on the PS

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          he makes this squad.. no question.
                          Not only does he make the squad. I think he will be a starter on opening day.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

I think the Bills keep 4 TE's, barring injury or off-the-field stuff. Campbell is IMHO a lock. And since Euhus was a high draft pick, he's a lock as well. That leaves Neufeld who is too versatile to cut and is a veteran unlike Peters and Euhus who would be rookie backups. And Peters has too much potential, even if it's down the road, to cut, and he won't make it to the PS. In exchange for keeping 4 TE's, they keep just 1 FB: Shelton. Lawton is a raw rookie FB and can easily be stashed on the PS, and that's where I see him ending up.

As for WR, it's Moulds, Reed, Evans, Shaw, and Aiken IMHO. Whether they keep a 6th is unknown but I think they do. That means a cut somewhere else, maybe Dorenbos since Neufeld was a holder for punts and Teague snapped for kicks, at times.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bills_7
                              Brown will stay.... i can maybe see them keeping 7 or putting coleman on the PS
                              Brown is no where near a lock to make this team. The KR and PR duties are wide open.

Comment

Working...
                              X