PDA

View Full Version : I hate fair weather fans!

BFBills
10-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Don't you guys!:madfire:

dolfan25
10-30-2002, 07:11 PM
How'd they taste?

ublinkwescore
10-30-2002, 07:25 PM
Yup I hate fairweather fans too. I see more then my share of them being in Ca. (although there are probably more of them in Florida with the Bucs, Fish, and Jags all in the same state). When the 9ers were doing good, everyone was sporting 9ers crap. When the Cowboys did their ... uh... thing, there was a ton of Irvin, Aikman, and Smith Jerseys all over the place. Then it was the Packers, then it was the Broncos, then it was the Titans and Rams. Right now it's pretty much Rams crap only because no other teams have really shown any signs of being dominant. Pretty soon it's going to be Bills stuff all over the place, and when I see someone sporting a Moulds jersey or something, I'm going to ask them to name a player from the Bills from the first four superbowls besides Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Cornelius Bennet, Bruce Smith, Phil Hansen, Kent Hull, or Keith Mckeller. If they can't name one, I'm gonna deck them.

JefftheBillsfan
10-30-2002, 08:27 PM
lol UBWS....i completly agree. i dont live in a place where a lot of bandwagon jumpers are, but i do go to a high school. so...i get it a lot too. ive bee seeing some moulds jerseys myself, forget asking them to name someone from the superbowl years, they couldnt name anyone on this versions team other than the 5 or 6 big name players...pathetic

SABURZFAN
10-30-2002, 08:37 PM
i was still sporting my BILLS gear when we were going through our 3-13 season.it's funny that a couple people mentioned that they don't see too many people with any kind of BILLS memorabilia.i'd tell them to go to a BILLS bar and they'd see plenty of people.

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2002, 09:02 PM
UBWS, you rock brother. I know exactly what you're talking about. Living here in Wisconsin I see so many Packer fans, but when I first came here 7 years ago there weren't ANY. That's because the Packers sucked then. But suddenly they got that Favre guy and started playing well, everyone was a hard-core Cheesehead. What a bunch of losers.

Personally, I was in Rochester through the 4 painful SB years. By the third year people were hoping the Bills wouldn't go back to the SB. But I was right with the Bills. Through the 3-13 year, through the BS RJ-Flutie era, through the PAINFUL Todd Collins crap. I've been there bro.

LOL @ "I'm gonna deck them" LOL LOL LOL

ublinkwescore
10-30-2002, 10:03 PM
i was still sporting my BILLS gear when we were going through our 3-13 season.it's funny that a couple people mentioned that they don't see too many people with any kind of BILLS memorabilia.i'd tell them to go to a BILLS bar and they'd see plenty of people.

-Saburzfan

I was sporting my R. Johnson jersey (I couldn't get my hands on a Moulds Jersey for a while - otherwise, I would have sported it instead) through the 3-13 season. I see people starting to cheer the Bills on at the bar that I go to to watch the Bills win, but there's a difference between cheering a team, and suddenly claiming that that team is your favorite. No one there is jumping on the bandwagon - it's more of a sympathy cheer - or it's just that these chicks (they're all girls) want me between their legs.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

-Saburzfan

I was sporting my R. Johnson jersey (I couldn't get my hands on a Moulds Jersey for a while - otherwise, I would have sported it instead) through the 3-13 season. I see people starting to cheer the Bills on at the bar that I go to to watch the Bills win, but there's a difference between cheering a team, and suddenly claiming that that team is your favorite. No one there is jumping on the bandwagon - it's more of a sympathy cheer - or it's just that these chicks (they're all girls) want me between their legs. :

:lolcry: i can't think of a better place to be.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 12:43 AM
Nah, I'm not into soccer mom's that start drinking before 11:00 am, and are fat, and suffer from what I like to call tank @$$.

Some of them have ok faces, and I suppose they might have a chance if I got hammered, but unfortunately for them, I don't care for getting drunk too much - at least not in a bar where you pay an arm and a leg for a beer. I'm much more content to save up like $2.50, and get myself 2 32's of Natty Ice, or King Cobra. I'd rather boink a chick that's more my age (or younger - not younger then 18 though - I'm not a pedophile)

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 12:44 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I shouldn't have used the term chicks.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 12:47 AM
Although, I must admit ME LIKES THE MISSIONARY!!!

northernbillfan
10-31-2002, 02:24 AM
At the bar I've been going to, the last 7 years, for Sunday football, everyone is rallying around me. They know fans will come out of the woodwork. They also know I'm a diehard, and are giving me pats on the back, saying, "You've been through a lot."

The people cheering for the Bills now, just have money on them.

Sabre Ally
10-31-2002, 02:36 AM
I'm going to ask them to name a player from the Bills from the first four superbowls besides Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Cornelius Bennet, Bruce Smith, Phil Hansen, Kent Hull, or Keith Mckeller. If they can't name one, I'm gonna deck them.

Heck, I couldn't even answer that one correctly.

northernbillfan
10-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Ally:chair:nbf

Sabre Ally
10-31-2002, 02:44 AM
:sadwalk:

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 10:19 AM
Say Howard Ballard, Mark Kelso, Nate Odomes, Mark Pike

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 10:20 AM
And the Player that made me a Bills fan ... Leon Seals - he was in John Elway's face all day in the game that I watched that made me a Bills fan. If Leon Seals wasn't deflecting, or sacking Elway, Bruce Smith was. Denver had the quickest and most 3 and outs i've ever seen in 5 minutes (they got the ball back so quickly because we were scoring like the rams, or the Vikings in Randy Moss's rookie year).

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 10:23 AM
I'll be able to tell a bandwagon hopper from a true fan.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2002, 11:09 AM
Oh COMEON GUYS! Who can forget one of the leaders: Darryl Talley!!! I think in your "exception list" you have to include the infamous Scott Norwood though. Everyone knows who THAT is...

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2002, 11:15 AM
...and we haven't even hit some of the other big names yet...James Lofton, Steve Tasker, Phil Hansen, Pete Metzelaars, Don Beebe, even Steve Christie... I could go on and on.

Gunzlingr
10-31-2002, 01:14 PM
KENT HULL, WILL WOOLFORD (SP?)?

BillyT92679
10-31-2002, 07:34 PM
BUTCH ROLLE!
"All he does is catch touchdowns."

ublinkwescore
11-01-2002, 10:58 AM
it's Wolford

BFBills
11-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
BUTCH ROLLE!
"All he does is catch touchdowns."
Dang! He must have big hands!

Marcos20
11-11-2002, 03:29 PM
its always the same im any place of the world... for example here in my country the #1 sport is soccer... right now Independiente is at the top of the league ... so ... there is independiente shirts whatever you go. And the more pathetic is that they cant say even 5/6 players of the team ... :rofl:

Years ago was RIver, Boca, Racing, etc ...

as i say, is the same in any place of the world!

casdhf
11-11-2002, 06:44 PM
And the Player that made me a Bills fan ... Leon Seals - he was in John Elway's face all day in the game that I watched that made me a Bills fan. If Leon Seals wasn't deflecting, or sacking Elway, Bruce Smith was. Denver had the quickest and most 3 and outs i've ever seen in 5 minutes (they got the ball back so quickly because we were scoring like the rams, or the Vikings in Randy Moss's rookie year).

I'll be able to tell a bandwagon hopper from a true fan.

Sounds like you've just been on the Bandwagon a long time ;)

DIHARD2
11-11-2002, 08:11 PM
We had a similar discussion on the old BB board. And a point was brought up on how those Fairweather fans help keep the team where it is. Even though a percentage of what they buy goes into a general fund for the NFL, it does create a good income from all the memorabilia that is bought during those memorable time.

If I can remember the formula there were three types of fans.

The major fans of course is us diehard, who probably represents 70 percent of the income.

Then there was or is the party fans, those type of fans who go to any party for any reason or are always looking for a party. I believe percentage was around 20 percent. Those are who really don't care about football, they just care about the party it creates. We have all had them at bars I'm sure.

Then there's No. 3, the dreaded bandwagon fan, who follow teams by who is on top at the time. That is proximally 10 percent, but they do bringing in and spend money on the organization. To hate any of these you must think of the big picture, and those are the profit fans for the organization when they're on top or when they're coming up like Buffalo.

The No. 1 fans the 70 percent diehards keep the franchise alive during hard times.

The No. 2 and the 20 percent or you can somewhat count on their money's but it's no guarantee, but deftly a guarantee when there's a party going no matter where the team is in the standings.

The No. 3 fan the, dreaded bandwagon fan you'll only see their money when you're winning.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...