PDA

View Full Version : E. George-cowboys Close To Deal

SABURZFAN
07-23-2004, 07:00 AM
eddie george in dallas would help that team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2597732

Tatonka
07-23-2004, 07:16 AM
i am pretty sure you guys remember what parcells did with another old RB named otis anderson.. who was supposed to be old and washed up.

SABURZFAN
07-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i am pretty sure you guys remember what parcells did with another old RB named otis anderson.. who was supposed to be old and washed up.

that's what i was thinking too.it gives j.jones a chance to learn the ropes too.

JefftheBillsfan
07-23-2004, 07:40 AM
i still see jones as the feature back there. i just see george coming in on some big spots (ie. 3rd and 2).

Aero II
07-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Isn't this only his first visit? I'd think that if he got a call from the Eagles that it might be a more attractive place to play. Dallas is further away from a championship than Phili.

Earthquake Enyart
07-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Jones would be the 3rd down back.

If George signs there, how high do you take him in FF? Second round? Late first?

TedMock
07-23-2004, 08:24 AM
On ESPN news last night; they said George went to Dallas so quickly because that's his first choice, and he'd like to get a fair contract right away instead of shopping himself around to the highest bidder. Philly's the obvious second choice. I think Philly's closer to a championship, but he'd fit so much better with Parcells. That's an ideal situation for him as a player to extend his career a little longer. Philly's runningback by committee philosophy could limit his carries, but Buckhalter and Westbrook seem to get dinged up frequently. They could potentially end up leaning on him even more than Dallas.

Earthquake Enyart
07-23-2004, 08:28 AM
I really think that Eddie George is primed to have a big year, where ever he goes. He was coming on at the end of last year.

SABURZFAN
07-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
On ESPN news last night; they said George went to Dallas so quickly because that's his first choice, and he'd like to get a fair contract right away instead of shopping himself around to the highest bidder. Philly's the obvious second choice. I think Philly's closer to a championship, but he'd fit so much better with Parcells. That's an ideal situation for him as a player to extend his career a little longer. Philly's runningback by committee philosophy could limit his carries, but Buckhalter and Westbrook seem to get dinged up frequently. They could potentially end up leaning on him even more than Dallas.

george to the Eagles would give philly the big back they've needed since r.watters.that would open it up a little for mcnabb and owens as well.

Philagape
07-23-2004, 09:20 AM
There's no way I take a 31-year-old RB whose per-carry averages over the last three seasons are 3.0, 3.4 and 3.3, who has Quincy Carter (or Vinny) as his QB and who will share the backfield with a young future franchise back, in the first three rounds. In most drafts I've seen so far, George fell to the middle rounds while still with the Titans. What makes anyone think he would be better in Dallas?
And if he goes to the Eagles, who would take him over Westbrook after what Westbrook did last year?

Tatonka
07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Jones would be the 3rd down back.

If George signs there, how high do you take him in FF? Second round? Late first?

your high.. late first early second.

The Spaz
07-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Philagape
There's no way I take a 31-year-old RB whose per-carry averages over the last three seasons are 3.0, 3.4 and 3.3, who has Quincy Carter (or Vinny) as his QB and who will share the backfield with a young future franchise back, in the first three rounds. In most drafts I've seen so far, George fell to the middle rounds while still with the Titans. What makes anyone think he would be better in Dallas?
And if he goes to the Eagles, who would take him over Westbrook after what Westbrook did last year?

I agree. Eddie has never been fast in the 1st place and he is more than done now. If Eddie was more concerned about winning a championship then he should have picked another team as well.

Earthquake Enyart
07-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I agree. Eddie has never been fast in the 1st place and he is more than done now. If Eddie was more concerned about winning a championship then he should have picked another team as well.

Dallas isn't that far away.

The Spaz
07-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Dallas isn't that far away.

I think they are. Philly is closer for sure.

Earthquake Enyart
07-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I think they are. Philly is closer for sure.

I agree with you there, but the Cowboys have a solid defense, and were close to the playoffs last year. With Parcells coaching, I certainly wouldn't rule them out.

The Spaz
07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Fantasy football take on Eddie George.

The Eddie George release by the Titans affects not only Eddie, but other players. Question is, how?

First, the deal with George: Eddie is a few years past his prime, and was barely a top 20 fantasy running back anyway. That won't change in Dallas. Draft him as a third or fourth running back, but don't expect another 1,000-yard, 5-TD season.

In Tennessee, the first thought is to run out and grab Chris Brown ASAP. Wrong. The immediate signing of Antowain Smith kills Brown's chances for stardom. Look for the Titans to use Smith much the same way they did George. And really, in that system, with the proper amount of carries, Smith could rush for 1,000 yards and put up the same stats George did last season. As for Brown, he should see more game action than last season, but not enough to be fantasy-viable.

-- Eric Karabell