PDA

View Full Version : Henry, McGahee Geared-Up For Season

The Spaz
07-23-2004, 09:10 AM
There has been a lot of hype surrounding the Buffalo Bills running game this off-season and fans will get their shot to see the ground attack in action when training camp opens in less than two weeks.

Travis Henry and Willis McGahee should have a lot to bring to the table as the Bills focus on a more balanced attack, led by a power running game. Henry has proven himself to be a work horse and one of the NFL's strongest runners over his first three years. He already has two 1,000-yard seasons under his belt and he has no signs of slowing down.

McGahee will get his first opportunity to show critics that he will be as good as advertised. Before injuring his knee in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, McGahee was projected as a top five pick in the 2003 draft. He spent all last year rehabbing his knee and now he's ready for action in the NFL.

"I'm just ready to play football," McGahee said. "Playing with Travis (Henry) will be great. We always need to have our best players on the field and when we're both on the field someone's going to be open. They can't cover both of us."

While Henry will be Buffalo's starter in 2004, McGahee will also see some action. Head coach Mike Mularkey said the two may even be on the field together at times.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2600

SABURZFAN
07-23-2004, 09:13 AM
i'd like to see both backs go over 1200 total yards for this season.

LtBillsFan66
07-23-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm definitely psyched to see how they're used.

Goobylal
07-23-2004, 10:49 AM
I liked reading this part: "Playing with Travis (Henry) will be great. We always need to have our best players on the field and when we're both on the field someone's going to be open. They can't cover both of us."

It shows Willis at least has some respect for Travis, even though Willis will likely end up taking his job. Good move.