• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lunatic_bills_fan
    • Oct 2002

Robbins released...

Raiders | Robbins Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:48:03 -0700

ESPNews reports the Oakland Raiders have released C Barret Robbins.

I think whoever signs him is gonna get a hell of a player, just a little whacky.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Let's sign him at the veteran minimum and make sure he takes his meds. He could be a good veteran presence for us, as a backup if not a replacement for Teague.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

He also has a 3 game suspension too. He was caught on that GHB thing from Balco....

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
        He also has a 3 game suspension too. He was caught on that GHB thing from Balco....
        Oh. Not good.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
          • Oct 2002

I read on FinHell that he has major major knee problems and that he cant even play this year, anyone know anything about that? There was no source of info given.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

His knee is shot. He had experimental surgery last year where they used cartilage from a cadaver to try and replace the cartilage in one of his knees which was gone (bone-to-bone). At this point, there is no way he can play and reports are he isn't expected to be ready this season as well. He asked Oakland for his release, because he knew he couldn't play this year.

He almost certainly is done for his career as well. There is a slight chance he might be able to recover well enough to play down the road, but it is about the same shot as Terrell Davis has of coming back.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

we'd have to see if this guy can pass a physical.we don't know how bad his knees are.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                His knee is shot. He had experimental surgery last year where they used cartilage from a cadaver to try and replace the cartilage in one of his knees which was gone (bone-to-bone). At this point, there is no way he can play and reports are he isn't expected to be ready this season as well. He asked Oakland for his release, because he knew he couldn't play this year.

He almost certainly is done for his career as well. There is a slight chance he might be able to recover well enough to play down the road, but it is about the same shot as Terrell Davis has of coming back.
                i didn't realize it was that bad.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Experimental surgery, that sounds like fun. I think there's a big red flag above this guy and a sign on his forehead saying "Do NOT sign me".

Comment

• Kramer
                    • May 2004

It's the knee that I am worried about not his nuttiness. I hear that they have good medications for his aflliction.

Comment

• Philly Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

hey, we LIKE guys with knee problems.....look at half our recent draftpicks. McGahee, Evans, Euhus........Robbins would fit right in.

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

Its a damn shame that this guy has pissed away his career, he was a dominant center at one time, and he has fallen off hard.
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philly Zoner
                          hey, we LIKE guys with knee problems.....look at half our recent draftpicks. McGahee, Evans, Euhus........Robbins would fit right in.
                          euhus?
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            euhus?
                            He has knee surgery in 2002.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Philly Zoner
                              Those guys still have cartilage to work with Robbins knee is bone to bone.

Comment

Working...
                              X