• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

He's known throughout Bills Nation as the Pinto Guy

I simply know him as Kenny

Being a season ticket holder for nine seasons, I've had the opportunity to meet many colorful characters. The most colorful of all would be Ken Johnson, known to all as the Pinto Guy or Pinto Ron. I recently conducted an interview with him.

We hear that you go to every regular season and postseason game the Bills play, home and away. How long have you been doing this? What's your streak at and where did it begin?

The first game in my streak was the season opener against the Jets in 1994. I had been going to several road trips a year in previous years. It had always been a goal of mine to attend all 16 regular games in one season. In 1993 I attended the first 5 road games, but fell short when I missed the last 3. Bankruptcy (a failed business) will do that. The next year I tried again and succeeded. I never attended to continue the streak, but the first couple of games the next year were either close or home games and suddenly I was up over 20 consecutive games. Momentum took over and here I am today at ten years. The last game I did not attend in person was the forth Bills Superbowl in Atlanta. I was in Atlanta, outside the stadium with $800 cash looking for a ticket but there were no tickets going below $1250. I did not anticipate they would be so high, they were only in the $350 range for previous Superbowls. None of the scalpers would take American Express, or any other major credit card.
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Just for the record, It only takes 41 hours and 7 gas stops to get to Seattle. I rented a car with unlimited miles for 5 days, but about 7000 miles on it and only paid $166 (after taxes) for it!

I bet the rental company was pissed

nice interview phil

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Thanks, man Kenny's a class guy..I'm really glad I made friends with him.
      He talked about how people could use his grills...I had to at one preseason game last year when I forgot mine
      Last edited by The_Philster; 07-24-2004, 08:56 PM.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I sat next to him 2 years ago when he came to the Vikings-Bills game. Thought he was a weirdo but a nice guy.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

GREAT story. Someone should send it to CBS or ESPN and I guarantee they'd do a bit on him on the air, e.g., show a few shots of him and add the commentary from the interview.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jul 2003

great article!

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              Thanks, man Kenny's a class guy..I'm really glad I made friends with him.
              He talked about how people could use his grills...I had to at one preseaon game last year when I forgot mine
              Yeah, Kenny is a nice guy. he's definitely a class act.

It's a good thing that was only a preseason game, Phil. Or we would've had to beat you.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                GREAT story. Someone should send it to CBS or ESPN and I guarantee they'd do a bit on him on the air, e.g., show a few shots of him and add the commentary from the interview.
                Great idea! ESPN is doing a bunch of stuff to celebrate their 25th anniversary, including celebrating top fans of sports teams. Maybe they might want to go a little thing about Kenny.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  He's been televised a number of times. Usually before the game when they pan the camera across crowds outside the stadium.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Great job Phil!
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                      Great job Phil!
                      I agree! Nice article.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                        He's been televised a number of times. Usually before the game when they pan the camera across crowds outside the stadium.
                        Scotty gets on TV a lot more. All 4 of us (Scotty, Kenny, his wife, and me) got on TV in Canton last year...thanks to Scotty's head.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

bump

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Something that those of us in his inner circle know is that he likes to be the first car in the lot. Of course, with the 4-hour rule now enforced, he gets in there with everyone else. Imagine my surprise when this happened.
                            Helmetguy and I pulled onto Bills Drive at 1:45 and were let in, a full hour and 15 minutes before the 4-hour limit. So my immediate thought was that they stopped enfocing it, knowing that it was a dumb rule, anyway. I guessed that when we pulled into our lot, we'd see Kenny's pinto and van sitting in their usual spots.
                            Imagine my surprise when I was able to snap this picture...the white tape was placed there to mark the spot for the Pinto. We got to our spot and took a few pics as we looked down the road at the Pinto waiting to get in. He had already been waiting for a while. After we took a few pics we went over and just told him to head around to the other entrance to get in. They let him and a few other cars in before they closed it off.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Is it Helmetguy or Pintoguy?

Perhaps he should go with Helmet_guy.

And he has an inner circle?

Comment

Working...
                              X