PDA

View Full Version : DAN LE BATARD......Nose up Rickys butt

Novacane
07-25-2004, 09:22 AM
He makes Ricky out to be some kinda hero

lines like.....

He wants to study, learn, search, travel, question, write, meditate, read, wander, find himself, climb mountains, take pictures of waterfalls and be Dad without being interrupted by another 8 a.m. meeting to dissect film.

:puke:

Society and the NFL say he can't smoke marijuana, for example, and that's one of the many rules of his confining workplace he will no longer abide

So it was about the drugs :up:

He's done.

Perfectly Ricky, right up until the end.

He's done running for money.

Now he runs free

talk about dramatization :rolleyes:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9237802.htm?1c

saviorbledsoe
07-25-2004, 09:27 AM
i hear that. they were both rockin the ganj last night together im sure

Stewie
07-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey just because the guy had hall of fame talent doesn't mean he should put down the crack pipe.

Oh yeah, it does. Nevermind.

ublinkwescore
07-25-2004, 01:54 PM
It should read, he wants to smoke pot, eat junk food, drink 32 ounce fountain drinks, play video games, light farts, watch cartoons, recycle his sandles, hug trees, play bob marley songs on his guitar, collect beads, trade trinkets, stare at the moon in his ever increasing diminished mental capacity that makes him more easily amused, snort coke, drink beer, and maybe save water by showering only once a week.

Bill Brasky
07-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
He wants to study, learn, search, travel, question, write, meditate, read, wander, find himself, climb mountains, take pictures of waterfalls

Jesus christ... why didn't he just say "he basically wants to be a freakin hippy"

Bling
07-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by paulB
Hey just because the guy had hall of fame talent doesn't mean he should put down the crack pipe.

Now you're willing to admit it :rolleyes:

imbondz
07-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by paulB

LOL

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 06:06 PM
I think Ricky was a classless ass for how late he decided to retire (especially considering that it was public knowledge about 2 weeks ago that George was probably going to get cut).

However, I do think it's one of the most intelligent things he has ever done. He's not been a stable person at all during his time in the NFL - so I can't imagine that the stress of being in his position was adding to his life. He's made more than enough money to enjoy the rest of his life and take care of any dependents ... so why not get out?