PDA

View Full Version : Cap impact for Fins?

finsrclowns
07-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Does RW retiring automatically free up his full salary of 3.7m this year? That should make their signing of Ogunleye doable. I know it's small consolation, but I do want to know if there is any bright side at all for them.:flush:

clumping platelets
07-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Miami acquired RW via trade, thus all signing bonus from his rookie deal were assumed by the Saints. Miami re-worked his deal, prior to the 2003 season, to include more reachable incentive clauses and also an escalator clause that increased future salaries by the amount of the incentives. Since there is no signing bonus amortization, Miami will receive cap relief in the amount of his salary, $3.735 million. There may also be some NLTBE/LTBE considerations as well based upon his aforementioned clauses

finsrclowns
07-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks Clump. I guess the silver lining for them, if you want to call it that, is it may allow the fins to keep Ogun and Chambers. I would be on the phone to James Stewart and/or Dorsey Levens right now, there's not much out there now. But for sure this puts a lot more pressure on their QB, whoever it is. Rickey really screwed them by waiting until now to announce this. Amazing really.