PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt's thoughts on this week's game..

TypicalBill
10-31-2002, 12:53 AM
we told you about how Bill Belichick likes to take the best player away from an opposing team. Look for him to try to hold Eric Moulds down. Of course, Belichick tried to stop Priest Holmes in Week 3, and Holmes ended up running for 180 yards and two touchdowns and catching five passes, including one for a score.

He also states that Drew is an AFC MVP candidate.

MORE.. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/5845992)

Scroll down cuz theres more on the bills.

Romes
10-31-2002, 12:58 AM
I like this fact :D

Bledsoe will be the sixth quarterback in NFL history who has passed for 25,000 yards or more with one team to switch sides and play against his old team. In these games, the quarterback returning to play his old team is 8-0. The other quarterbacks who accomplished this feat are Warren Moon (twice), Dave Krieg (three times), Joe Montana, Boomer Esiason and John Hadl

TypicalBill
10-31-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by CalBillsFan
I like this fact :D

Bledsoe will be the sixth quarterback in NFL history who has passed for 25,000 yards or more with one team to switch sides and play against his old team. In these games, the quarterback returning to play his old team is 8-0. The other quarterbacks who accomplished this feat are Warren Moon (twice), Dave Krieg (three times), Joe Montana, Boomer Esiason and John Hadl

hope he's right! :up:

Romes
10-31-2002, 01:40 AM
I hope the trend continues and the number moves up to 9-0. :)

northernbillfan
10-31-2002, 02:31 AM
This is Bledsoe's year.

He is on pace to break Marino's record of yards in a season. He broke, or tied, a couple of other records already.

He has something to prove to the league, and naysayers out there, and WILL accomplish that this season. IMHO

Halbert
10-31-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by CalBillsFan
Bledsoe will be the sixth quarterback in NFL history who has passed for 25,000 yards or more with one team to switch sides and play against his old team. In these games, the quarterback returning to play his old team is 8-0.

I feel obligated to point out that this is a anomalous streak just begging to be broken.

clumping platelets
10-31-2002, 08:41 AM
clump :spanku: Halbert

InTheBox
10-31-2002, 09:05 AM
I wonder what the dolphins fans will say when bledsoe breaks Dan marinos record. Are they going to say he was hurt all the time????

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2002, 09:09 AM
Hate to say it, but I think Marino's record is safe, primarily due to the weather factor. It will be difficult to put up big passing numbers in November and December. The home games are bad enough, but they also go to Green Bay in December.

WG
10-31-2002, 10:04 AM
I gotta agree w/ EE on this one. BTW, he currently is not on pace to break Marino's season yardage record. He's on pace for 5,000 yards on the numbers and that would fall 84 yards shy. He isn't going to do it, not this year.

As the weather gets colder and icier, G.B., K.C., N.E., and the Jets on the road, 4 more games at home, this Sunday in cold possibly snowy conditions and 3 December games, every single game has the potential of cruddy weather.

Also, he's slowed down tremendously both in TDs and yardage sing the first bunch of games. You must remember he's put up something close to 300 yards in O/T. Unless he continues to do that, it won't happen.

I do happen to think he's still much better than he ever has been however. While many of you preoccupy yourselves w/ yardage marks, I still look at what a QB does w/ the yards. And Drew's doing more this year than he ever has. His TDs/100 yards is way up and he's definitely a better QB in spite of how many yards he has or gets.

"He also states that Drew is an AFC MVP candidate."

That was mighty white of Belichick to say!!!

Thanks Bill. I'm not sure that w/o your endorsement that he would be in the running...

:rolleyes:

Let's see if I can give it a shot too:

IMO Holmes will be the AFC Pro-Bowl starter.

Anyone else want to give it a shot? :D

Moulds/Price as the first ever starting WRs in the PB? Hehehe...

WG
10-31-2002, 10:06 AM
Besides, if Gilbride is worth a turd anymore, then he had better start running Henry and fix his fumblitis and get him confident so that next season he hits the ground running, pun intended, so that we don't have to worry about resolving those issues b/c we didn't run him much this season.

NOW, this season, is the time to work that out. Not next year when we fix the D and are poised to make a play for the SB.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 10:15 AM

That's a given.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2002, 10:16 AM
You mean from the same team right?

Didn't Cris Carter and Randy Moss already do that?

TypicalBill
10-31-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I gotta agree w/ EE on this one. BTW, he currently is not on pace to break Marino's season yardage record. He's on pace for 5,000 yards on the numbers and that would fall 84 yards shy. He isn't going to do it, not this year.

As the weather gets colder and icier, G.B., K.C., N.E., and the Jets on the road, 4 more games at home, this Sunday in cold possibly snowy conditions and 3 December games, every single game has the potential of cruddy weather.

Also, he's slowed down tremendously both in TDs and yardage sing the first bunch of games. You must remember he's put up something close to 300 yards in O/T. Unless he continues to do that, it won't happen.

I do happen to think he's still much better than he ever has been however. While many of you preoccupy yourselves w/ yardage marks, I still look at what a QB does w/ the yards. And Drew's doing more this year than he ever has. His TDs/100 yards is way up and he's definitely a better QB in spite of how many yards he has or gets.

"He also states that Drew is an AFC MVP candidate."

That was mighty white of Belichick to say!!!

Thanks Bill. I'm not sure that w/o your endorsement that he would be in the running...

:rolleyes:

Let's see if I can give it a shot too:

IMO Holmes will be the AFC Pro-Bowl starter.

Anyone else want to give it a shot? :D

Hey man, i've stated those things as a blurb for you guys to reed the article. Doesn't sound very funny to me. And it was Brandt that said it not Belichick.

r we on the same side here or what?

Herdwatcher
10-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Hate to say it, but I think Marino's record is safe, primarily due to the weather factor. It will be difficult to put up big passing numbers in November and December. The home games are bad enough, but they also go to Green Bay in December.

From here on out, it's all outside games. Probably will hurt his chances at the records. Not one game in warm weather. The average temp for the last eight games will be 32 degrees including the Lions game. ALL OUTSIDE!! You gotta love it! Where you're supposed to play the game.

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Besides, if Gilbride is worth a turd anymore, then he had better start running Henry and fix his fumblitis and get him confident so that next season he hits the ground running, pun intended, so that we don't have to worry about resolving those issues b/c we didn't run him much this season.

NOW, this season, is the time to work that out. Not next year when we fix the D and are poised to make a play for the SB.

Originally posted by ublinkwescore

That's a given.
I just wanted to try that multiple quote thing. This is cool.

Wys and I are pretty agreeable today :huh: I agree with the above.

The only fly in the ointment that will stop Moulds and Price starting in the pro bowl is Marvin Harrison. He just passed both of them and now leads the AFC in receptions.