PDA

View Full Version : Possible side-effect on Bills of RW's retirement

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 05:18 PM
I think Ricky's retirement is probably good for one more win for the Bills this year ... but I think the more dramatic impact could be on the market for whichever RB we end up trading next year.

This move has a double impact on the demand for RBs going forward - it's one more team looking for a RB and one less franchise calibre RB that's in the league.

By the same token though, teams could be afraid to give up a lot for RB's in the future after seeing how poorly it worked out for the Fins

Thoughts?

The Spaz
07-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I think Ricky's retirement is probably good for one more win for the Bills this year ... but I think the more dramatic impact could be on the market for whichever RB we end up trading next year.

This move has a double impact on the demand for RBs going forward - it's one more team looking for a RB and one less franchise calibre RB that's in the league.

By the same token though, teams could be afraid to give up a lot for RB's in the future after seeing how poorly it worked out for the Fins

Thoughts?

1 more Win I say at least 2 we will win both games against the Dolphins.

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
1 more Win I say at least 2 we will win both games against the Dolphins.

I figured we already would have beat them at home this year - taking a home game against Miami in mid-December is a game we should win 95% of the time regardless of the players on either team.

So pre-retirement, I think we would have gone 1 and 1 against Miami. Post-retirement, I think we'll go 2-0. That's a 1 win improvement (what I meant by one more win).

Bling
07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
nothing is a gurantee in the NFL. Last I checked, Fiedler still owns you.

Dozerdog
07-25-2004, 06:59 PM
:rofl:

I think we will take our chances....

The Spaz
07-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by l3ling

Seeing Fieldler now has to go through the air against I'll take our chances as well.

Dozerdog
07-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Side effects of Ricky's retirement?

Munchies, some paranoia- red eyes, :smoke:

saviorbledsoe
07-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Side effects of Ricky's retirement?

Munchies, some paranoia- red eyes, :smoke:
lollolololol:D

Mr. Miyagi
07-25-2004, 07:58 PM
:lol: Funniest post ever.

First of all, Fiedler ain't jack without a running game.

Second of all, Fiedler probably won't even be starting since the Phins FO gave up so much for Touchy-Feeley. They HAVE to start him now.

5-11 for the Phins :rofl:

The Natrix
07-25-2004, 08:15 PM

:rofl: classic

This is one of the best Sunday evenings at home, ever.

Dozerdog
07-25-2004, 08:17 PM
I was just about to cash i tn for the night last night at 1 AM- then just before logging off, I caught the "Breaking News"

I couldn't get to sleep until almost 4 AM!