PDA

View Full Version : Ricky's agent waffles

Philagape
07-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm at work at a newspaper right now, and this is in AP's latest story:

Long ambivalent about life in the spotlight, (Williams) said there's no chance he'll change his mind. But his agent, Leigh Steinberg, held out the possibility that the retirement could be temporary.
Williams might be back in South Florida by the end of the week, Steinberg said.
"Right now he seems at peace with his decision and intends to retire," Steinberg said. "Whether it ends up being short term or long term, we'll have to see."

Pride
07-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Could this be about money?

Goobylal
07-26-2004, 06:15 AM
He ain't coming back. He admitted to using a masking agent to cover-up his pot smoking. That will get him a longer ban than the 4 games he was already looking at. He's gone and if I were a Dols fan, I wouldn't want him back. His heart isn't in it.

Michael82
07-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal
He ain't coming back. He admitted to using a masking agent to cover-up his pot smoking. That will get him a longer ban than the 4 games he was already looking at. He's gone and if I were a Dols fan, I wouldn't want him back. His heart isn't in it.

I agree. He might have been able to come back, but then he opened up his mouth and sealed the deal by admitting he was masking his pot use to pass the NFL drug tests. :shakeno:

Samphin1
07-26-2004, 10:35 AM

Don't want him back. He quit on us and his team. His O-line won't block for him and the fans won't cheer for him. I guess this also kills the notion that his pot test was due to dehydration also. The guy is a bigger headcase than I imagined. Dolphans everywhere ae very po'ed and hurt by this. Not only is our season in the tank ( it definately is now ), but he was so beloved in Miami, that everyone feels like they have been cheated on now. He better stay in Asia because if he shows his face in Miami, his life might be in danger. I am dead serious. People take football way to seriously and some wacko down there migth end up doing something stupid.

As far as football goes though, I don't want him on my team anymore.

clumping platelets
07-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Don't want him back. He quit on us and his team. His O-line won't block for him and the fans won't cheer for him. I guess this also kills the notion that his pot test was due to dehydration also. The guy is a bigger headcase than I imagined. Dolphans everywhere ae very po'ed and hurt by this. Not only is our season in the tank ( it definately is now ), but he was so beloved in Miami, that everyone feels like they have been cheated on now. He better stay in Asia because if he shows his face in Miami, his life might be in danger. I am dead serious. People take football way to seriously and some wacko down there migth end up doing something stupid.

:yikes:

imbondz
07-26-2004, 10:45 AM

:rofl:

lordofgun
07-26-2004, 10:50 AM
waffles :hungry:

Samphin1
07-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
waffles :hungry:

Given this news, I think I might mosey on down to IHOP and eat unil I am fat and bloated...

Michael82
07-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Given this news, I think I might mosey on down to IHOP and eat unil I am fat and bloated...

:rofl:

Goobylal
07-27-2004, 08:50 AM

I understand exactly how you feel. I wouldn't take him back if I were a Miami fan either. If he quit once, when the going gets tough he'll always be a threat to quit again. However I guess this proves what I was telling you earlier this off-season, i.e. that his pot smoking was a problem. I guess there was some truth to that tattoo parlor story after all.

Samphin1
07-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I understand exactly how you feel. I wouldn't take him back if I were a Miami fan either. If he quit once, when the going gets tough he'll always be a threat to quit again. However I guess this proves what I was telling you earlier this off-season, i.e. that his pot smoking was a problem. I guess there was some truth to that tattoo parlor story after all.

While I feel that tattoo parlor story is complete and utter BS and I cannot be convinced otherwise. You are right about the pot. Apparently, the bud has a firm grip on him and I, for one, hope he chokes on it.

As I type this, Lenny Kravitz is playing on my TV. I am filled with murderous rage.:2guns: