PDA

View Full Version : Prisco finally gets something right...

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:08 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7523844

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 09:26 PM
That's a load of BS to say that some RB sitting at home would give anything to trade places with RW.

If he was willing to do anything to be there ... he would be in the NFL. I can maybe understand someone saying that greatness like Ricky had is god-given ... however, to be a solid NFL player is entirely possible if you have the dedication, IMO.

People like Prisco have no idea that the desire to succeed is all it takes to get there ... they think that those more successful than them are just "gifted" or "lucky" .... BS!! 99 times out of 100, they just work harder.

Perfect example ... Michael Jordan and his getting cut by his high schoool team. If his talent was god-given, why didn't he have it from the start?

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:29 PM
You're kidding, right? If I had more hard work and dedication than anyone, I would still never make it to the NFL. Believe it or not, genetics does have a lot to do with it.

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
You're kidding, right? If I had more hard work and dedication than anyone, I would still never make it to the NFL. Believe it or not, genetics does have a lot to do with it.

Bull****.

What have you ever, truly, completely dedicated yourself to and failed?

Btw ... explain people like Wayne Chrebet, Andre Reed, and other similar players.

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:31 PM
what a great article.. i cant believe i said that about a prisco article.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Bull****.

fantasy football :(

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:35 PM
i disagree henry.. i have been playing hockey since i was about 8 years old.. i was not even good enough to get a scholarship offer.. somethings just come naturally.. i have seen kids that dont play as much as me become 2 x the player i am in half the time.. because they have a natural ability..

are you telling me that there are not tons of college players every year that bust their butts every day with the dream to play in the nfl that dont get drafted.. and the reason they dont is because that dont work hard enough? that is total bull****.. .

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:36 PM
fantasy football :(

i agree...

:snicker:

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:41 PM
But this year, I have a FG.com subscription. So watch out, T!

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i disagree henry.. i have been playing hockey since i was about 8 years old.. i was not even good enough to get a scholarship offer.. somethings just come naturally.. i have seen kids that dont play as much as me become 2 x the player i am in half the time.. because they have a natural ability..

are you telling me that there are not tons of college players every year that bust their butts every day with the dream to play in the nfl that dont get drafted.. and the reason they dont is because that dont work hard enough? that is total bull****.. .

First off ... 8 years old is too late to start playing hockey and say that you are as dedicated as others - most people in my area that played hockey at the professional level (AHL or higher) started as 4 or 5 year-olds. If other people are more dedicated than you, obviously you will not succeed based on dedication.

Is Pat Williams not in the NFL? He wasn't drafted, yet worked hard and became solid. What about a guy like Kurt Warner? He stayed dedicated to the game long after he was told that he wasn't good enough.

The topic was playing in the NFL at any age ... and yes, if you are truly dedicated long enough, then you can be there. You can't just turn around, start putting in twice-a-days 5 times a week at 20 after not doing anything the 10 years beforehand and say that you're hard working.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:44 PM
He's right, T. Didn't you ever watch Rudy?

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:47 PM
But this year, I have a FG.com subscription. So watch out, T!

shut up about that. damn.. everyone will have it soon. :shakeno:

He's right, T. Didn't you ever watch Rudy?

wonder why rudy didnt make it in the nfl.. must have been that he didnt work hard enough.. :rolleyes:

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 09:48 PM

wonder why rudy didnt make it in the nfl.. must have been that he didnt work hard enough.. :rolleyes:

Ever met him or heard of anything about him outside of the movies?

Care to talk about Coy Wire and his ability to learn FS?

The Natrix
07-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Man, I wish Henry Rules would have told me that when I was 2. I would be in the NFL by now. :ill:

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:49 PM
shut up about that. damn.. everyone will have it soon. :shakeno:

That's why I abbreviated.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Man, I wish Henry Rules would have told me that when I was 2. I would be in the NFL by now. :ill:

:pet:

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Ever met him or heard of anything about him outside of the movies?

Care to talk about Coy Wire and his ability to learn FS?

guess what.. there are tens of 1000s of people like coy wire and rudy that worked as hard that didnt make it.. period.. there is no arguing this.

are you telling me that michael vick was so dedicated to football and that is why he made it? HELL NO.. he was a subpar passer that had a natural ability to run... he was drafted based on potential.. not his dedication.

That's why I abbreviated.

mention it again, even in abreviated form and i will have to take action.

:chuk:

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Some people lack natural coordination. Some people lack brains. It takes a lot of one or the other, and usually a lot of both, to make it in the NFL. Those are two areas where hard work and dedication make no difference.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Even midgets can make the NFL! Just ask Flutie! All it takes is hard work and dedication!

HenryRules
07-25-2004, 09:56 PM
are you telling me that michael vick was so dedicated to football and that is why he made it? HELL NO.. he was a subpar passer that had a natural ability to run... he was drafted based on potential.. not his dedication.

No, I am not saying that. There is not <i>one</i> single way to be successful.

I am just saying that if you are truly dedicated, you will make it.

Again, give me one example of something that you've truly dedicated yourself as much as the next person and failed. If you're under 30, then you can't even give me an example because you're not old enough to have truly dedicated yourself yet.

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Even midgets can make the NFL! Just ask Flutie! All it takes is hard work and dedication!

:lol:

flutie must have been the only midget in the history of the world that worked hard enough.. all the other midget football players just lacked dedication.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 09:57 PM
If you're under 30, then you can't even give me an example because you're not old enough to have truly dedicated yourself yet.

Wrong! I truly dedicated myself to truly dedicating myself before I was 30 and it worked!

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:58 PM
N If you're under 30, then you can't even give me an example because you're not old enough to have truly dedicated yourself yet.

ok.. your right.. i am only 29.. so what the hell do i know..

thanks, gandolf the grey

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 09:59 PM
What if I truly dedicated myself to truly dedicating myself before I'm 30?

no.. you have to start when your 4 or it doesnt count.. otherwise you didnt truely dedicate yourself to dedicating yourself hard enough.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 10:00 PM
no.. you have to start when your 4 or it doesnt count.. otherwise you didnt truely dedicate yourself to dedicating yourself hard enough.

So you have to start truly dedicating yourself when you're four even though you can't possibly know what truly dedicating yourself means until you're 30? :dizzy:

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 10:01 PM
So you have to start truly dedicating yourself when you're four even though you can't possibly know what truly dedicating yourself means until you're 30? :dizzy:

your not dedicated enough to understand.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 10:02 PM
your not dedicated enough to understand.

I'm dedicated to being truly dedicated someday. I doubt if I'll ever be truly dedicated enough to be truly dedicated though. :(

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 10:04 PM
you have to be truly dedicated to being truly dedicated.. the fact that you are only dedicated to be truly dedicated is a clear indication that you have the dedication to ever be TRULY dedicated

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh well. I'm going to go eat some doritos now.

Tatonka
07-25-2004, 10:06 PM
i am dedicating the next 30 seconds to not smoking.. then i will go smoke..

i know i can wait 30 seconds.. because i am truly dedicated.

:D

The Natrix
07-25-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm going to go eat some doritos now.

:shakeno: You better play 25 sets of Tennis tomarro to counter act the late night snacking.

The Natrix
07-25-2004, 10:19 PM
I just realized I've been spelling tomorrow wrong for ages. :::

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 10:20 PM
How have you been spelling tomorrow?

The Natrix
07-25-2004, 10:22 PM
tomarro

I think sometimes I would also spell it tommaro. :ill:

The Natrix
07-25-2004, 10:24 PM
... anyway, let's get back on track:

:lolpoint: felonfans

Dozerdog
07-25-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm dedicating this next beer to all those who bust their ass out there- so I don't have too. :beer::cheers:

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 10:33 PM
I think sometimes I would also spell it tommaro. :ill:

Oh man...that's rough.

ryjam282
07-25-2004, 10:55 PM
I have to disagree with Henry on this one....If what you say is true, then explain this........TODD MARINOVICH. His dad had him reading defenses since he was like 2 and his diet and his workouts and basically his life was based soley around the game of football and being a QB. He failed....explain that.

Not to mention, I dedicated my life, foolishly I might add, to playing baseball. I have been doing it since I was 4 years old. Ever since I can remember I have always been the first one to the field and the last to leave. No one worked harder then I did. Sure I got drafted and played pro baseball but I never made it to the big leagues. Can you explain that? I can't either....cause I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me :D

Marino13Phins
07-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Bull****.

Btw ... explain people like Wayne Chrebet, Andre Reed, and other similar players.

Spanish.

lordofgun
07-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I have to disagree with Henry on this one....If what you say is true, then explain this........TODD MARINOVICH. His dad had him reading defenses since he was like 2 and his diet and his workouts and basically his life was based soley around the game of football and being a QB. He failed....explain that.

Not to mention, I dedicated my life, foolishly I might add, to playing baseball. I have been doing it since I was 4 years old. Ever since I can remember I have always been the first one to the field and the last to leave. No one worked harder then I did. Sure I got drafted and played pro baseball but I never made it to the big leagues. Can you explain that? I can't either....cause I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me :D

It was your stance.

ryjam282
07-25-2004, 11:34 PM
LOL, I thought it had something to do with my swing but to each his own I guess

helmetguy
07-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
LOL, I thought it had something to do with my swing but to each his own I guess

See? Now, if you were TRULY dedicated, you'd have gone outside the organization and hired the absolute best hitting coach, fielding coach, and possibly the absolute best personal trainer to supplement all those things you dedicated yourself to. To kinda fine tune everything. But damnit, youre still likeable!