X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Wire Could Become New Free Safety

Coy Wire came into training camp last season with high expectations. He was penciled in as the new starting strong safety in just his second season and his career seemed bright and full of possibilities, but that all changed three days before the start on the season when the Bills signed strong safety Lawyer Milloy away from the New England Patriots.

Wire lost his starting job, though he still was prominent on special teams. He trained hard this off-season and worked often with Milloy learning techniques and styles from the seasoned veteran.

"Lawyer was a blessing to me because the experience he has in the NFL," Wire said. "He kind of took me under his wing. We're great friends off the field as well, which has meant a lot to me."

Wire will now make the move from strong safety to free safety in hopes of getting back to a starting position for the Buffalo Bills.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Throne Logic
      Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
      • Aug 2002

Sure love to see him pull this off, but it's a big change. I don't care how similar the positions have become over the recent years. He's going to have to proove that he can cover consistently.
      Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• bdogg
        • Oct 2003

Im hoping Wire makes FS, I would love to see him knocking helmets of. I think he can improve his coverage, Im excited as hell for him to get a shot!

Comment

Working...
        X