PDA

View Full Version : This is almost as funny as Ricky's retirement

Bill Brasky
07-26-2004, 05:41 AM
I was listening to The Fan outta NYC last night before I went to bed... they said that now that Williams has retired the Jets will finish in second place behind New England.... HAHA!!

Aero II
07-26-2004, 06:03 AM
Wow, from worst to not quite first because of news on a rivals team? Crazy.

Bill Brasky
07-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Apparently the Jets are amazing this year and Miami losing their star player makes them even better??

:idunno:

LtBillsFan66
07-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Do you know which a-hole said that. I can't stand the station. They have a bunch of pompous idiots on the air.

Bill Brasky
07-26-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't know, he was on last night around 10. All they do is ***** about the Yankees and Mets EVERY NIGHT and last night all they switched topics and all they did was talk about how this made the Jets a better team. Everything I've heard until last night said the Jets are horrible this year, but they think otherwise.

For some reason I can get that station, but I can't get WGR and I live 1 hour south of Buffalo so I'm stuck with Yankees/Mets banter every night :down:

SABURZFAN
07-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by jfreeman
I was listening to The Fan outta NYC last night before I went to bed... they said that now that Williams has retired the Jets will finish in second place behind New England.... HAHA!!

i'm not saying that the Jets are better than us but they're a better team than most people give them credit for.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 09:36 AM

I really have to wonder about the intelligence level on this board.

Do you not realize that the Bills and Jets finished with the same record last year, and the Jets were missing their star quarterback for half the season?

They've added the McCaeirns kid at wide receiver plus totally overhauled their old LB corps. The Bills have a new HC and all of a sudden the Bills are better than the Jets.

Does anyone besides Tatonka on this board have any respect for what any other team in the NFL does?

If you think that your significantly better than the Jets then your just fooling yourself.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 09:39 AM
I don't know, he was on last night around 10. All they do is ***** about the Yankees and Mets EVERY NIGHT and last night all they switched topics and all they did was talk about how this made the Jets a better team. Everything I've heard until last night said the Jets are horrible this year, but they think otherwise.

For some reason I can get that station, but I can't get WGR and I live 1 hour south of Buffalo so I'm stuck with Yankees/Mets banter every night :down:

Actually the FAN out of New York overnight show has a very strong signal. I live in Canada and I can pick it up quite clearly after about 9 or 9:30. I live an hour and a half from Buffalo and pick up WGR as clear as day all the time.

SABURZFAN
07-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25

Do you not realize that the Bills and Jets finished with the same record last year, and the Jets were missing their star quarterback for half the season?

They've added the McCaeirns kid at wide receiver plus totally overhauled their old LB corps. The Bills have a new HC and all of a sudden the Bills are better than the Jets.

Does anyone besides Tatonka on this board have any respect for what any other team in the NFL does?

If you think that your significantly better than the Jets then your just fooling yourself.

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i'm not saying that the Jets are better than us but they're a better team than most people give them credit for.

i guess not.:rolleyes:

Patrick76777
07-26-2004, 09:46 AM

One guy on the whold board thinks the jets are over rated and this douche bag has to "really wonder about the intelligence level on this board"

LtBillsFan66
07-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
One guy on the whold board thinks the jets are over rated and this douche bag has to "really wonder about the intelligence level on this board"

People have been kissing 25's ass for too long. Not he thinks he's untouchable or something.

Patrick76777
07-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
People have been kissing 25's ass for too long. Not he thinks he's untouchable or something.

Same thing about the Pats fan that comes here. His team wins 2 of 3 and suddenly this message board guy is all knowing!

lordofgun
07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
I like to schmooooze with Steve Summers.

LtBillsFan66
07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I like to schmooooze with Steve Summers.

Yeah, I like him too. He doesn't act like a Mr. Know It All.

Bill Brasky
07-26-2004, 10:21 AM

We added more than just a coach. What has McCaeirns done with his career other than last year?? There have been plenty of players in this league that have had one good year, moved to another team, then done absolutely nothing.

If you want to argue about them sucking because they didn't have Chad Pennington, then the same could be said for us not having a healty Eric Moulds last season. Nowhere in my post did I say we were SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Jets... what I was pointing out is that Jet fans and NYC media feel that since Ricky Williams has retired THE JETS are a better team now... how intelligent is that?

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

he is just pissed because someone shlt in his cereal.....