PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it say something when the Dolphin Team and Fans

Pride
07-26-2004, 07:07 AM
rely so much on 1 person to be successful?

I agree that what Ricky did was wrong on so many levels, and I have no pity for the heat he will take for that...

But if you step back and analyze the situation... it is pathetic to think a teams year can go from playoff potential (in their eyes) to talk of a winless season.

The dolphins deserve whatever they get. Not because I am a Bills fan, but because they made no effort to build a successful team around ricky, or find a suitable backup for him.

The fact is, if he had blown out his ACL in week 1 of the season, the phins would be in the exact same boat.

:rolleyes:

OpIv37
07-26-2004, 07:45 AM
I agree- the Dolphins were playing to their strengths by focusing on Ricky, but every team needs a Plan B. It's hard to imagine another team whose preseason predictions could change so drastically based on one player. Clearly, the Ravens would be in trouble if they lost Ray Lewis and Tennessee wouldn't be nearly as threatening without McNair, but no one would immediately discount these teams the same way they did to Miami with Williams leaving.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 07:54 AM
They said on ESPN that Ricky Williams held the highest percentage of any NFL teams running game at 80%.

The Bills were 4th with Henry.

SABURZFAN
07-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Pride
The dolphins deserve whatever they get. Not because I am a Bills fan, but because they made no effort to build a successful team around ricky, or find a suitable backup for him.

The fact is, if he had blown out his ACL in week 1 of the season, the phins would be in the exact same boat.

look at what happened to the Lions.b.sanders felt the frustrations and walked away.it could have been easy for him to request a trade to a winning organization.many will question if it was just money,instead of championships,that drive these players.after all,it seems that an overpriced contract is what these young players see.that's why they leave college early or skip college altogether.

Marino13Phins
07-26-2004, 09:22 AM

I agree that what Ricky did was wrong on so many levels, and I have no pity for the heat he will take for that...

But if you step back and analyze the situation... it is pathetic to think a teams year can go from playoff potential (in their eyes) to talk of a winless season.

Here is what I think. Ricky was a big part of the team. He was our best player. That's like you guys losing Bledsoe, or losing moulds. It would devistate your passing game, and have ill affects on your running game, and would probably keep you from the playoffs.

I still think Miami could do well this season even without ricky and here is why. We possibley have the best WR tandem in the league. If Boston plays like the real Boston, it won't matter who is at qb, because the qb can just hit which ever of the 2 chambers or boston that is not double covered. That in turn can take some heat off the running game (which there probably won't be any since no one is afriad of travis minor) And that will open up some holes for Minor. Plus our oline can not be any worse then last year.

I don't think Miami's season is over just because Ricky left, I think it makes things a lot harder. But I wouldn't call this team doomed. We will find a way to win. We still have our strong defense, and we now have some money to get ogun on the field.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 09:26 AM

You have your opinion but it's completely f#cked up. How many other teams are there that if their best player retired would be in the same position?

How about the Colts if Peyton retires? Brady from the Patriots, McNabb from the Eagles, Pennington from the Jets.

Face facts if Drew Bledsoe goes down the first week the Bills are done. I know Bledsoe played like crap last year but all hopes of the Bills making the playoffs are based on Bledsoe improving his play.

What about Michael Vick and the Falcons last year?

These guys are special talents and aren't just replaced overnight.

Who the hell is seriously talking about a winless season?

This is without a doubt the dumbest post of the year.

Pride
07-26-2004, 10:05 AM
You really should do your research before spouting BS.

1. McNabb did go down, a couple of years ago, and they STILL Managed to get to the NFC Championship game... and that was with who? Oh yeah, your current backup Feely. So in the Eagles case, they DID prepare for a loss of mcnabb.

2. Pennington also went down, and the Jets did do quite well without him. They had a running game to go to, which allowed them to split the games they played I believe.

3. Peyton went down 2 years ago for a game, and their B/U came in and beat the hell out of us!

4. Vick, yes, I agree without him that team is nothing... and that is why they were in the same boat you guys will be this year. They relied too heavily on the legs of vick to do anything else.

So before spouting off examples that actually support my post, double check your facts....

Marino13Phins
07-26-2004, 10:07 AM

1. McNabb did go down, a couple of years ago, and they STILL Managed to get to the NFC Championship game... and that was with who? Oh yeah, your current backup Feely. So in the Eagles case, they DID prepare for a loss of mcnabb.

2. Pennington also went down, and the Jets did do quite well without him. They had a running game to go to, which allowed them to split the games they played I believe.

3. Peyton went down 2 years ago for a game, and their B/U came in and beat the hell out of us!

4. Vick, yes, I agree without him that team is nothing... and that is why they were in the same boat you guys will be this year. They relied too heavily on the legs of vick to do anything else.

So before spouting off examples that actually support my post, double check your facts....

You can't compare a couple of games to losing someone for the entire season.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 10:40 AM

Man you are deluded?

Check my facts? Maybe you should check yours

The Eagles had a good record when McNabb went down but he was back in time for the playoffs.

Oh and Peyton goes down for 1 game and it's comparable to a whole season? Ask any Colts fan if Peyton goes down for the year if they have any shot at a SB like they believe they have this year.

No the Jets went 2 and 4 and lost to a Redskins team they likely would've beaten if Chad was healthy. They were defending divsion champions and their fans knew the year was over as soon as he got hurt in that preseason game.

Funny how the only example that is really comparable to Ricky you agree with me. (Vick)

You cherry pick Peyton missing 1 game and McNabb missing 4 or 5 to a team missing their star for an entire season.

Ask any Eagles, Colts, Jets, or Falcons fan if their team has any chance of real success if the best player on their team unexpectedly retires or is injured for the season.

Almost every team in the NFL is in the same situation except for maybe the Pats and the Bucs. The past 2 SB winners

What about Favre? How do you think the Pack will do if he goes down?

LtBillsFan66
07-26-2004, 10:42 AM
dolfan25 seems bitter.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Just like everyone else what I'm bitter about is the timing. It sucks that he retired but do it a week before the draft not a week before TC. Right now the Fins likely would have Stephen Jackson or someone else if he didn't do this right now.

I'm also just a little shocked at how stupid the 1st post on this thread is.

Charlieguide
07-26-2004, 10:53 AM
The pack relies on Ahmann Green, and Couch is probably the best backup QB in the league.

Not that it matters; in case you haven't noticed, Favre won't let ANYTHING bench him. He's the next Jack Youngblood, who forced trainers to tape up his broken leg so he could finish the game.

Charlieguide
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Chambers84Phins
. . .
We (miami) possibley have the best WR tandem in the league.

:eek: :hamrhed: :scratch: :lolcry: :freako: :lolhit:

I mean, I guess you could put that pair in the top ten tandems in the league, if Boston doesn't break his own ankles by bulking up too much, and if they find a QB to throw to them, and if they find an OL to protect said QB, and if they find a RB to keep defenses from playing the nickel D every down. Yeah, then those two WR's might put up stats worthy of being regarded as top ten.

:squish:

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Okay then what Ricky's retirement is really comparable to is if Favre retired say about 1995. How do you think the Pack would've done then.

The Packers have really shown that they had insurance for Favre's being injured by waiting until his 13th year to get a decent experienced backup. Heck look at Hasselback. It took him 3 years of full time playing to become a good QB.

It's a stupid argument. Pro sports today almost every team in every sport dreads their star player being hurt or unexpectedly retiring. The NFL is the worst because the cap doesn't allow much depth. Bills fans can sit high and mighty because they have McGahee and Henry. But what if Henry would have torn his ACL or Achilles last year in TC? The Bills would've been in the exact same position the Fins are in now.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Charlieguide

I mean, I guess you could put that pair in the top ten tandems in the league, if Boston doesn't break his own ankles by bulking up too much, and if they find a QB to throw to them, and if they find an OL to protect said QB, and if they find a RB to keep defenses from playing the nickel D every down. Yeah, then those two WR's might put up stats worthy of being regarded as top ten.

Shows what you know. Boston is actually down to 230 and is at the weight he was at earlier in his career. Not the 260 or 265 he was at with the Chargers last year.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Its called depth!!! which the Phellons dont have at RB.

If Drew or Henry retired today we would have Losman and McGahee. So, to your question of what team wouldnt go down after losing their best player" The Bills. (we would suffer but all would not be lost)

BAM
07-26-2004, 11:22 AM
good times good times!

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 11:22 AM
So you have depth now but will you have it a year from now when either Henry or McGahee is traded. Did you have it last year?

Even if you put Losman in as a backup, the facts are that if Bledsoe goes down for the year in TC your season is over. Losman will not lead you to the playoffs in his rookie season.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25
Even if you put Losman in as a backup, the facts are that if Bledsoe goes down for the year in TC your season is over. Losman will not lead you to the playoffs in his rookie season.

Isnt that what you guys were counting on with Feeley leading the Dolphins to the playoffs in, what really is, his rookie season???

:D

Charlieguide
07-26-2004, 11:27 AM
You're right about the cap. As for what-if's, the truth is, you don't know until you find out. Buffalo didn't know if Sammy Morris could carry the load as #2 b/c Henry never went down . . . and now Morris may get his shot in Miami.

It's the worst -- and sometimes the best -- part of the game.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Yep a guy who has started 5 games and been in TC's for 3 or 4 years is a rookie. Heck I guess Tom Brady was a rookie when he won the SB and so was Jake Delhomme last year.

There's a difference youngun. It's called getting used to the speed of the game. Players who have been in the league for 1 or 2 years are much more able to have immediate success than a rookie. There are countless examples, Favre, Delhomme, Brunell, Brady. There's about 1 QB that had immediate success as a rookie and he played for the Fins 21 years ago. Look it up.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 11:35 AM
So you have depth now but will you have it a year from now when either Henry or McGahee is traded. Did you have it last year?
You're right. No we didn't have depth behind Henry last year. And that's why we went 6-10.

And that's what the Dolphins have to look forward to. :laughter:

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Yep a guy who has started 5 games and been in TC's for 3 or 4 years is a rookie. Heck I guess Tom Brady was a rookie when he won the SB and so was Jake Delhomme last year.
Since I'm fluent in the language of Dolphins Denial, I can translate this for you all:

"I think Feeley is the second coming of Tom Brady and we will win the SuperBowl this year."

Sounds like Ricky isn't the only one smoking pot. :smoke:

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Since I'm fluent in the language of Dolphins Denial, I can translate this for you all:

"I think Feeley is the second coming to Tom Brady and we will win the SuperBowl this year."

Sounds like Ricky isn't the only one smoking pot. :smoke:

Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm glad you were here to translate.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
You're right. No we didn't have depth behind Henry last year. And that's why we went 6-10.

And that's what the Dolphins have to look forward to. :laughter:

Why is that why you went 6-10? Henry still ran for 1400 yds. You went 6-10 because Bledsoe sucked.

If your goal was to say that the Fins are going 6-10 this year, I think you could of found a more intelligent way to get there. Intelligence, maybe I've overestimated you.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Why is that why you went 6-10? Henry still ran for 1400 yds. You went 6-10 because Bledsoe sucked.
Bledsoe did suck. And Henry did rock.

But unfortunately for the Dolphins, Feeley sucks too and you don't have a Henry type back either.

6-10 is an overestimate. :snicker:

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Bledsoes problems was that he had no time and no one to throw to because moulds was hurt. Kind of like what Feeley is going to face. Only he doesnt have what it takes to even get the 6 wins and the Phins Defense was 7th overall in the AFC last year while ours was #1. So you are looking at 4-12 with good luck!

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 12:05 PM
We'll see

Marino13Phins
07-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Charlieguide

It's true, If boston plays like boston it won't matter who the QB is. And if you haven't been following Boston he is not bulking up anymore. He is slimming down, and he is doing it quietly and not making a big fus about it. So he possibley could be back. The oline is going to be better then what we had last year, and is only going to improve with the young guys. I didn't say we surely have the best tandem in the league, but we could be right up there. Chambers is becoming a very good WR in this league already, and hasn't had much to work with.

Marino13Phins
07-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Its called depth!!! which the Phellons dont have at RB.

If Drew or Henry retired today we would have Losman and McGahee. So, to your question of what team wouldnt go down after losing their best player" The Bills. (we would suffer but all would not be lost)

I wouldn't call mcgahee or losman depth yet, they are unproven in the NFL. So to say you wouldn't suffer much is not a fair assesment.

MDFINFAN
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM

This is not exactly true..we had Minor who was a good backup, but the real bu is Lenard Henry, hopefully this year you guys get to meet him. Robert Edwards, remember him, competed against him last year in training camp, after Robert played very well in the previous season for us spelling Ricky, and Robert lost to him. this kid is good.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Bledsoes problems was that he had no time and no one to throw to because moulds was hurt. Kind of like what Feeley is going to face. Only he doesnt have what it takes to even get the 6 wins and the Phins Defense was 7th overall in the AFC last year while ours was #1. So you are looking at 4-12 with good luck!

Sounds like the Bills didn't have too much depth at WR if Moulds going down leaves Bledsoe with no option.

Even with your 1st ranked D I would still take the Fins D. There are these things in the NFL, they're called turnovers. The Fins D creates them while the Bills D does not. When was the last time a Bills safety actually intercepted a pass?

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Sounds like the Bills didn't have too much depth at WR if Moulds going down leaves Bledsoe with no option.

Even with your 1st ranked D I would still take the Fins D. There are these things in the NFL, they're called turnovers. The Fins D creates them while the Bills D does not. When was the last time a Bills safety actually intercepted a pass?

yes but i will take keeping an opponant from scoring more than 10 points over getting a turnover and letting the team score 24 points anyway.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 01:50 PM
and what are you still doing here anyway???? over in Finhell they are calling for the "Dolphin Nation to UNITE!!"

Bwuahahahahaha

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 01:51 PM

Looking at this post again just goes to shows how great your fact checking is.

Don't they always commend Peyton on the fact that since he was drafted he has taken almost every snap for the Colts.

What game was this that Peyton went down for?

When did this seemingly fictitious game occur?

Great fact checking.

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 01:54 PM
yes but i will take keeping an opponant from scoring more than 10 points over getting a turnover and letting the team score 24 points anyway.

The only defensive statistic that matters:

Buffalo 279 points scored against
Miami 261 points scored against

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 02:02 PM
this one matters too

Buffalo 6-10
Miami 10-6

Both teams....not in the playoffs

Makes both teams equal last year.

How does 2004 look for you???????? :D

dolfan25
07-26-2004, 05:56 PM
I guess 6-10 is equal to 10-6. Look at the standings from last year and see if Miami is above Buffalo. What does making the playoffs mean anyways. Oh I forgot it's been half a decade since the Bills made the playoffs. Must mean a lot to you.

The Natrix
07-26-2004, 06:11 PM
I agree Pride. This exposes what a weak team they have.

Pride
07-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Funny...

Simon and Brimson are talking about this very thing on the radio right now. They agree, that the bills do NOT have 1 player that would make/break the team if he were to retire today.

Unlike the dolphins.

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey great fact checker tell me when Peyton "went down" for a game.

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Okay then what Ricky's retirement is really comparable to is if Favre retired say about 1995. How do you think the Pack would've done then.

The Packers have really shown that they had insurance for Favre's being injured by waiting until his 13th year to get a decent experienced backup. Heck look at Hasselback. It took him 3 years of full time playing to become a good QB.

It's a stupid argument. Pro sports today almost every team in every sport dreads their star player being hurt or unexpectedly retiring. The NFL is the worst because the cap doesn't allow much depth. Bills fans can sit high and mighty because they have McGahee and Henry. But what if Henry would have torn his ACL or Achilles last year in TC? The Bills would've been in the exact same position the Fins are in now.

LOL...great example-

Guys who have come and gone behind Favre in Green Bay

Mark Brunell
Kurt Warner
Aaron Brooks
Matt Hassleback

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 06:13 PM
LOL

What's really funny is that you think comparing those guys as backups is the same as Tim Couch. Read my post again. They never had an "experienced" backup until this year. The Pack took a chance with those guys because they didn't know what they could do if called upon to start.

Ask Jimmy Johnson, there's a difference between having Babe Laufenberg or whatever his name is and having Steve Buerlein as a backup.

What's even funnier is that between the time they had Brunell and Brooks/Hassleback your looking at 95 to 99 they had Doug Pederson. If I recall correctly those were pretty important years for the Pack, I think they won this thing it's called the Vince Lombardi Trophy and made another SB game.

Thanks for making my argument even stronger Dozer.

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:18 PM
In your mind I guess.....have a great season!:church:

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 06:26 PM
In any logical person's mind. Expecting logic and consistency from you is pointless anyways.

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:31 PM
:baby:

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
:baby:

Last resort of the imbecile.

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Insults? I agree. You're IQ is lowering by the second

Got any more juvenile poersonal attacks to back up your argument?:lolpoint:

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 06:36 PM
My IQ compared to yours is about where your # of posts are compared to mine.

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm rubber- you're glue- what bounces off of me sticks to you

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:40 PM
My IQ compared to yours is about where your # of posts are compared to mine.

LOL= IQ of :dozer:= equivilant to 21,000 posts

IQ of Fish fan :limp:=eqivilent to 310 posts-

I'm 700 times greater? OK- thanks! :up: You're not so bad after all

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 08:12 PM
I guess you don't understand the concept of former and latter.