PDA

View Full Version : Possible Ricky Williams replacement

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Who will it be? And are we afraid of any of them?

Current backups:

Sammy Morris
Travis Minor

Free agents:

Stacey Mack
James Stewart

Trades:

DeShaun Foster - Carolina
Onterio Smith - Minnesota
Correll Buckhalter - Philadelphia
Anthony Thomas - Chicago
Lamar Gordon - St. Louis

(Possible trade scenerios suggested by fanball.com: http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm?id=2628&print=1)

Thailog80
07-26-2004, 08:39 AM
The Edge? Maybe next year.

Ron Dayne?

chubluv
07-26-2004, 08:42 AM
the one guy on espn radio said that edge is trying everything he can to get himself to miami. he wants to play for them..

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 08:44 AM
I forgot Trung Canidate. :snicker:

Please don't let James get to Miami. Oh please God. :pray:

Thailog80
07-26-2004, 08:47 AM
The Edge doesn't scare me anymore.

BillsRockSOMUCH
07-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I forgot Trung Canidate. :snicker:

He can play with his cast on!

Patrick76777
07-26-2004, 08:51 AM
No way Carolina trades foster. NEVER. Every other guy on that list is terrible.

SABURZFAN
07-26-2004, 08:53 AM
chicago could get a high draft pick for A-Train.

JMO

Tatonka
07-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by chubluv
the one guy on espn radio said that edge is trying everything he can to get himself to miami. he wants to play for them..

he can try all he wants.. but he will be in indy this year.. no matter what.. and if he has a good season.. could possibly be franchised next year.

edge reminds me of another guy that would just walk away from the game for no reason..

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
chicago could get a high draft pick for A-Train.

JMO

The A Train is the only one on that list that they could go get. The rest aren't that available.

Figures. Last year I got a free A Train jersey. :mad:

TedMock
07-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by chubluv

That was Dan Lebatard. He works for ESPN and is a sports columnist for the Miami Herald (I think it's the herald). Anyway, he was on ESPN news last night and on Mike and Mike this morning saying the same thing.

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2004, 09:31 AM
The edge is damn near washed up. Let the phins have him.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he can try all he wants.. but he will be in indy this year.. no matter what.. and if he has a good season.. could possibly be franchised next year.

edge reminds me of another guy that would just walk away from the game for no reason..

certainly has the look for a miami star running back :D

HenryRules
07-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I think Harrison is a FA next year too and I've heard the Colts probably only have the money for one of them - I'd choose Harrison in a second if i were them.

DraftBoy
07-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Not including Henry or McGahee on that list? Intresting...Id be rather upset to learn that TD never even looked into it.

DraftBoy
07-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Also what about Warrick Dunn or TJ Duckett in ATL, or Fred Taylor in JAX, Rudi Johnson or Chris Perry in CIN, Marcel Shipp in ARZ, Shaun Alexander or Maurice Morris in SEA just to name some off the top of my head who could be had at a reasonable price.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Not including Henry or McGahee on that list? Intresting...Id be rather upset to learn that TD never even looked into it.
I'd be rather upset if he did even consider it for more than a nanosecond.

Also what about Warrick Dunn or TJ Duckett in ATL, or Fred Taylor in JAX, Rudi Johnson or Chris Perry in CIN, Marcel Shipp in ARZ, Shaun Alexander or Maurice Morris in SEA just to name some off the top of my head who could be had at a reasonable price.
WTF are you talking about? Shipp and Alexander aren't even close to be on the market.

DraftBoy
07-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I'd be rather upset if he did even consider it for more than a nanosecond.

WTF are you talking about? Shipp and Alexander aren't even close to be on the market.

Shaun Alexander was being actively shopped in the offseason but he's not on the block. Also Marcel Shipp could easily be had if the rumor is true that the Phins will move Ogun.

TigerJ
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
An alleged inside tip suggests that Miami's top four targets in order are Onterrio Smith, Michael Bennett, Justin Fargas, and Lee Suggs. Found on Finheaven.

Throne Logic
07-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Based on all the current evidence, I'm expecting Sammy Morris to be their main guy to start the season.

I'm no longer really concerned about Miami. To be honest, I wasn't overly concerned when Ricky was still expected to play. I've said Buffalo and Miami would battle it out for 2nd, but now I'm fairly certain the division will end up like this:

New England
Buffalo
Miami
Jets

Heck, at this point, the Jets could easily overtake Miami.

Time to focus on how to beat the Pats.

Jan Reimers
07-27-2004, 06:03 AM
Based on his off field activities, I'd say the perfect fit is Lawrence Philips.

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Word from ESPN is that Stacey Mack and James Allen are working out for the Phins, and Mack makes the most sense of the two.

DraftBoy
07-27-2004, 08:02 AM
I dont know why they dont just wait till after the preseason and take some of the cuts of other teams who they see potential in. Mack and Allen bring nothing to the table they dont already have in Minor and Henry.

Gunzlingr
07-27-2004, 09:06 AM
James Allen, isn't he one of Jesus' gradeschool pals?

I think they should trade for Emmitt Smith.

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 09:37 AM
I hope they do get Stacy Mack cause it seems like no matter who I take in Fantasy Football he always seems to sign and take away carries. He did it again last year with Domanick Davis in Houston too....:D

ShadowHawk7
07-27-2004, 11:23 AM

I'd be mildly worried if they got Ontario smith or Alexander. There's no way Jax would give up Taylor, much less the Bengals giving up Perry or Johnson. The rest of the list is pretty much crap.

AndreReed83
07-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I hope they do get Stacy Mack cause it seems like no matter who I take in Fantasy Football he always seems to sign and take away carries. He did it again last year with Domanick Davis in Houston too....:D

Actually, Davis took the job away from Mack.

carybillsfan
07-27-2004, 04:08 PM
According to sources Onterio Smith has looked incredible in off season workouts. There were rumors that Miami was in the works to trade for Michael Bennett as a change of pace back. So I wouldn't be surprised if they snatched him up in a hurry, they want to get rid of him while his stock is high. Onterio will start and they definately have depth with Williams proving he was capable last year. As I see it Min. is the only 3-back overcrowded backfield in the league. But I've also heard that the asking price for Bennett is pretty high, I'd guess a 2nd rd + a conditional pick. Wouldn't be surprised if Wanny sacrifices the future of the team to save his ass.

Charlieguide
07-27-2004, 05:24 PM
I can't imagine why Mack would be a likely candidate. He was horrendous last year.

ATrain showed improvement towards the end of last season, and I think they'd do well to get him while he might be cheap.

I agree MN has the most depth, and so is probably the most likely to trade. Last year, even after Bennett came back and Onterrio was supposedly hot, Moe Williams stole the show. He just couldn't help but score TD's. If I were MIA, I'd pass over Bennett since he's not shown he's fully recovered, and pass on Smith b/c he's not shown he's better than Williams come game time. I'd target Moe, no question.

(Hey AndreReed83, wasn't it Kelly that told Thurman to look it up?)