PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mills already starting....

ryjam282
07-26-2004, 09:29 AM
I got this from another website. I seriously doubt this happening but it does kinda sound intriguing. Ogun as a Bill wouldn't be that bad....What do you guys think? AGAIN, I DOUBT IT HAS ANY SHRED OF TRUTH.
Now i am one that thinks Ricky will come back and even play this season. But I did hear this on the Radio. Dolphins might want to trade for un proven McGahee or Travis Henry and be willing to give alot up to get one of them. This might be just bullsheet becasue it was a questionsable radio sports talk source but what thye were saying sounds plausable. Ogonleye and or a high pick or what not Miami is at least rumored to be in panic mode ! And willing to giove up more than equal value for a solid RB ! O. Smith , McGahee, and Henry are said to be there top 3 wish !

Again no credible source here so take with a grain of salt -- if that !

Here's another one.
Here's a copy and paste from XpertLeagues.com

Also, I read it today in my local paper, The Star Ledger. There they actually have quotes from James himself saying, "I'd love to come home. I would love to be able to play for the Miami Dolphins."

Why it won't happen : Indy is a team built to win NOW. They'll want James on their roster this year.

Why it will happen : They are more than likely going to lose him next year anyway to free agency (especially when he's making comments like that). Why not trade him and get market value for him from a team who's pressing the panic button ?

Here's the copy & paste :

MIAMI - Seemingly before the final syllable of ``retirement'' was uttered about Ricky Williams, Indianapolis Colts running back Edgerrin James was making it known he wouldn't mind coming home.

James told numerous people he would love to be traded to the Miami Dolphins following Williams' retirement. While that scenario is extremely unlikely this season because the Colts are Super Bowl contenders, James will be an unrestricted free agent at season's end.

Returning to South Florida, where James grew up and attended the University of Miami, would be his preference. James has made it known he dislikes living in Indianapolis, preferring the sultry life of South Beach.

James certainly appears to be the most appealing option among running backs the Dolphins could replace Williams with at some point.

That point, however, won't be for at least a little while.

http://www.xpertleagues.com
Submitted on Jul 26, 12:04 am
By Xpert Leagues Correspondant MKB4®

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Indy won't let James walk when they have nobody else on the roster capable to fill the hole.

And the Bills trading with division rival Dolphins won't happen. TD isn't dumb. He'll take Bledsoe and Milloy from the Pats but he won't trade anyone away.

Plus now that we've signed Gildon I bet the need for a pass-rusher isn't as huge anymore.

It's all BS.

TedMock
07-26-2004, 09:48 AM
I think James is the more likely to happen. I doubt it either way, though. The reason being is that Buffalo just won't trade one of our backs to a division rival. At least I don't think that happens.

Patrick76777
07-26-2004, 09:49 AM
It was just the goofballs on GR55 this morning. It'll never happen.

Patrick76777
07-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Guys, come on. Indy is a legit Superbowl team 5 days away from training camp. Do you really think they're going to trade away their running back?

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Three way. Henry to Indy, James to Miami, Ogonleye to Bills.

:up:

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Id rather chew on broken glass with my balls crazy glued to a porkupine than see McGahee or Travis go to the Phins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Guys, come on. Indy is a legit Superbowl team 5 days away from training camp. Do you really think they're going to trade away their running back?

you never know considering he will be a FA at the end of this season and they are going to lose him to Miami probably then with no compensation.

BillsFever
07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
I was on the trade Henry bandwagon before the draft but it wouldn't make any sense to trade him now for a draft pick next year. We midas well keep him for the season.

And as far as O-Gun goes I would love to have him but not at the price of sending a starting RB to our divisional opponent. But if they did offer something crazy like O-Gun and their 1st round pick next year I'd have to chew on it for a bit.

But I feel the talk is mute. TD plans on giving Denny and Kelsay a shot. If TD was interested in another DE he would've tried to get one this year.

We just drafted Kelsay in the 2nd round last year and almost drafted him in the 1st round. I don't think TD would just throw him to the trash like that without giving him a shot.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!>.............

We trade Travis and if the 2 time knee blowout McGahee has another blowout in the first couple games...............we are all crying as bad as the Phin fans!

What in the sam hell is wrong with having depth!!

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I was on the trade Henry bandwagon before the draft but it wouldn't make any sense to trade him now for a draft pick next year. We midas well keep him for the season.

And as far as O-Gun goes I would love to have him but not at the price of sending a starting RB to our divisional opponent. But if they did offer something crazy like O-Gun and their 1st round pick next year I'd have to chew on it for a bit.

But I feel the talk is mute. TD plans on giving Denny and Kelsay a shot. If TD was interested in another DE he would've tried to get one this year.

We just drafted Kelsay in the 2nd round last year and almost drafted him in the 1st round. I don't think TD would just throw him to the trash like that without giving him a shot.

If they could pick up Ogun and get him signed, it would be bye bye Schobel after this year.

BillsFever
07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
If they could pick up Ogun and get him signed, it would be bye bye Schobel after this year.

I have a feeling it will probably be bye bye Schobel at the end of the season regardless.

Donahoe will not give him money like Wistrom or Kearse got and that's what he will demand and get from another team if he has another good year which he should.

Wistrom got like a 15+ million dollar signing bonus with about a total of 25 million over the first 3 or 4 years of the contract. No way Donahoe will shell out that kind of money for him.

If that's the kind of money he will demand I say we franchise him and try to get a 1st round pick for him or a 2nd at the least.

I don't think there is any way Henry will be back next year IF McGahee shows he is capable of carrying the load and taking over for him in 2005. If that scenario worked out we could possibly end up with 2 middle first round picks next year for players we didn't plan on keeping anyway.

Philagape
07-26-2004, 10:32 AM
If only Ricky had waited a year, the timing would be perfect for all of these trades. Quitter.
:flush:

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Three way. Henry to Indy, James to Miami, Ogonleye to Bills.

:up:
:down:

Indy won't trade James for Henry.
We won't trade Henry for O-Gun.
Miami can continue to suck for all I care.

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
:down:

Indy won't trade James for Henry.
We won't trade Henry for O-Gun.
Miami can continue to suck for all I care.

Henry is under contract for another couple of years. If I'm Indy, I do it.

Miami can't sign Ogun, the Bills have a little room, so maybe they can.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 03:00 PM
TD is in the business of taking weapons from other teams in the division, ala Bledsoe and Milloy, not giving them our weapons just to be nice.

TigerJ
07-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I could see Miami being resigned to suck this season this season then trying to snatch Edgering james next offseason. Reportedly James won't come to Indy's offseason OTAs but instead stays home in Miami. He could sign with Miami, and be at home while he attends OTAs. Both would be happy.

DraftBoy
07-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Personally Id deal Henry to the Phins for the right price Ogun and a high pick. but as BF said now it doesnt make sense but to keep it till seasons end.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I could see Miami being resigned to suck this season this season then trying to snatch Edgering james next offseason. Reportedly James won't come to Indy's offseason OTAs but instead stays home in Miami. He could sign with Miami, and be at home while he attends OTAs. Both would be happy.
And he could have a smoking party with Ricky there too. :smoke:

CAbills
07-26-2004, 05:48 PM
From the rumor mill I heard, the Dolphins #1 they wish they can get is Marshall Faulk.

Mr. Cynical
07-26-2004, 06:28 PM
It would depend on what the deal was ....

IF they were to offer some crazy deal like their #1 pick next year (which by the way we dealt away), along with Ogonleye, I'd trade TH in a heartbeat.

Yeah its a risk, but then again we'd have a #1 pick to grab an RB if WM doesn't pan out and we'd also have a killer DE. If we dont do that trade, then we still are weak in the rush, don't have a #1 pick next year and will likely be trading TH at the end of the year anyway.

Dozerdog
07-26-2004, 07:58 PM
TigerJ hit it on the head.

Stopgap this year & regroup- Edge James next offseason.

Colts might franchise him and try to trade him to Miami- depending if there is any cap room left on the Colts. I could then see If McGahee is all that and a bag of chips, that the Henry to Colts might be a possibility.

Dozerdog
07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Does Ogun bring baggage? He's already a messy hold out there....

Goobylal
07-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Does Ogun bring baggage?
Yep. He'll be bringing a bunch of suitcases to hold the case he expects to get. I don't think I want to trade for a player whose starting point for a contract is Grant Wistrom money ($11M SB) and who obviously benefitted from playing next to Taylor, Bowens, and Chester. He's a good player, but not that good, but the problem is he doesn't see it that way, or doesn't want to see it that way and wants to get paid.

BuffaloRanger
07-27-2004, 11:03 PM
I like the 3 way trade with Indy and Miami idea, that way TH doesn't go to a division rival. Remember the Bennet trade?

It makes some sense for Buffalo...
Pro's:
Ogun would greatly improve the pass rush
Con's:
Signing Ogun
Denney, Kelsey wasted

It makes alot of sense for Miami:

Drop Ogun, who wants big money
RB issue solved
Any DE opposite Taylor would be better than average

But I don't think it makes much sense for Indy:
James for TH why bother?
Franchise tag James after season and trade him

So this is all just message board banter.